Chapter 40

Twisted Love Affair

Chapter 40

----------Four hours and Five Meetings Later-----------

I pulled into the parking lot of the club exhausted I had been up and about all over town for these meetings. I was exhausted but the day wasnt even over and I already knew this would be an all nighter. Getting out of the car I put my shades down to cover the tiredness of my eyes and shield my eyes from the little bit of sun left. 

While making my way inside I looked at my phone to check the time it read 6:28. I would have been at the clubhouse sooner but there had been an accident on the freeway which backed up traffic.

My car was literally packed with everything you name it from electronics, weapons, explosives, and detonators. It surprised me that it all fit into my car everytime I would hit a pot hole the car would scratch the muffler from all the extra weight it was carrying.

It was all there after wasting over a seventy-five hundred thousand dollars but the money wasn't the issue I could make that in about a week. It had truly been a long day once inside the club.

Ignoring everybody I made my way towards the bar and just sat on one of the stools laying my head down on the cold counter. Closing my eyes I'm pretty sure I dozed off because someone was shaking my arm it was gently but still.

I kept pushing the arm away to no avail till they spoke "Lexi come on wake up" the voice said. Lazily I lifted my head up to find Tito staring down at me, picking my head up it felt like it weighted twenty pounds.

"What happened?" I asked while letting out a big yawn.

"You fell asleep I figured I would wake you up so you could go lay down in the spare room in the back" he said looked at me curiously.

Yawning once more I waved him off "No it's okay I needed to get up anyway, um where are the guys at?" I asked while glancing around the room.

Tito looked around "Um they should be outside, they had been in here earlier but you were asleep so they just left you to do there stuff. Why?" he asked.

"I need some muscle since that's pretty much all there good at" I said while getting up and heading outside. Putting my shades back down to cover my sleepy eyes, I made my way towards Matt, John, Tiggy, and Jace who are sitting on there bikes smoking and hanging out together.

It was kind of weird seeing them together especially with Tiggy being so close to Abel yet there he was chatting it up with Jace. Then again a little earlier Jace looked ready to slaughter his brother but there they were roughing it up with each other like normal.

In the end it shouldn't matter to me what they do with themselves, Jace was the first one to notice me when he did he released John from the headlock he had him in. He said something to Matt that I couldn't hear, who then looked my way before straightening up.

Before I could say anything John threw his arm around my shoulder pulling me close to his chest "Well well well sleeping beauty finally decided to wake up ehh?" he said while letting out a loud laugh. I could literally feel it vibrate through his chest from out closeness before I could respond with a smartass comment a big yawn over came me.

Jace was staring at me with a questing look on his face with that raised an eyebrow, I gently tried shaking my head to try and get the sleep off.

"You were passed out on the bar. I would have moved you but we both know you would have been pissed if I would have woken you up" Matt said in a joking tone but you could hear the slight concern in his voice.

I nodded my head "That's true, smart move" I said giving him a small smile. Tiggy threw his cigarette down on the floor smashing it with his boot before walking past me. Raising an eyebrow I turned to look at the guys "What's the matter with him?" I asked curiously. 

Matt shrugged his shoulders "I don't know he was fine a second ago" he said just as confused as me. Jace seemed like he was going to say something but was interrupted by John which clearly annoyed him.

"Ehh he's not that important so whats up shorty?" John said looking down at me, he still had his arm wrapped around me. Gently ducking under his arm I stepped next to Matt you could see John's dissapointed while Jace was trying not to stifle out a laugh.

"Listen here's the thing I was wondering if you guys would help me carry some things inside" I asked honestly.

Jace was the first one to speak "Why are you asking us? There's plenty of people that you could have asked but your asking me" he said in a suspicious tone. I rolled my eyes at him did he have to be so melodramtic about it he makes it seem like I'm only asking him.

Matt decided to agree with Jace "Yeah why Lexi?"he asked crossing his arms over his chest. Sometimes he could be such an idiot that it made me want to smack him, which I usually did.

The reason I was asking them was because I trusted them not to open there mouths, I may have only met John but you could tell right off the bat he was loyal. Matt's my brother he wouldn't throw me under the bus, then there's Jace to be honest I don't know anything when it comes to him.

They stayed there with there arms crossed over there chest waiting for my answer me and John were looking at each other, he was the only one who didn't question me. Letting out a long sigh "Fine! I'm asking you because I trust you guys okay there I said it satisfised?" throwing my hands up in the air frustarted.

Jace got off his bike and looked at me with a satisfied look on his face "That was all I needed to hear" he said before walking towards my car.

Shaking my head we followed in suit behind him making our way across the lot to my car. Pulling my keys out of my pocket I unlocked the car doors and popped the trunk open but didn't open it all the way.

"It's a lot and heavy so becareful!" I warned them before trying to loosen up "Well what do you say John let's put those muscles of yours to the test" I said smiling at him.

He grinned at me lifting up his shirt sleeves to flex his arm muscles "Please, these muscles can handle a lot more then carrying a couple of things" I started laughing.

"Let's hope so can't have my supposed protector all weak now can we?" I said laughing John just smiled back at me.

"Alright well then lets get down to business all this has to be moved into the conference room. Just make sure not to pile the bags on top of each other.  Don't slam them down either I need you guys to be really careful this is serious" I told them.

They all exchanged looks with each other but nodded in compliance and one by one began moving the bags into the clubhouse. There were alot of curious glances trying to find out what was going on but we ignored them and just kept moving on.