Chapter 42

Twisted Love Affair 

Chapter 42

The night was finally here I had sat on edge for hours coming up with my plan of action. I stayed holed up in the conference room looking over building floor plans, the town layout for what felt like forever. It was hard work trying to find the best exit ways all the back-up plans in case something went wrong. 

It wasn't just going into there turf that was dangerous it was going into a town were to everyone we were enemy number one. We would have to be extremely careful not to get caught if not we'd be in deep shit. 

We had set up teams before each has there own individual job for tonight. Kasey and I had divided them so that it was equal members from The Viper Vixens and The Red Dragons. I hated having to depend on the other groups but this was a big task there was no other choice.

A loud knocking on the door slightly distracted me, looking up "Come In" I began getting up from the chair when Johnny's head poked in through the door. Johnny wore a huge grin on my face "I deserve a prize for pulling this miracle" he said proudly.

I knew exactly what he was talking about a smile came on to my face "Well then show me the goods" I said. Johnny raised a curious eyebrow at me before he began trying to undo the loop of his belt. I was stunned and confused before I reached over throwing my hand on his belt buckle and hand stopping him midway.

“What are you doing?” I asked my tone in a state of shock I could feel my eyes wide.

“You said show me the goods, which is exactly what I was going to do” he said looking at me attentively before his eyes drifted downward to where my hand was.  My eyes followed his were I saw that only my thumb was on the actual belt buckle while my other four finger were resting against the lowest part of his stomach.

If anyone to walk to the scene at the very moment it looked completely wrong, slowly I looked back up and could feel Johnny’s eyes burning through my hand as his adam’s apple bobbed up and down. I took my hand away from the buckle slowly so that it hung next to my side loosely.

His eyes followed my movements before looking at me the desire clear in his eyes taking a breath I could feel myself gulp in the back of my throat.

Slowly I spoke “That’s not exactly the goods I was talking about “I could feel the sexual tension building in the air. Before either of us could act on any impulse the conference room was thrown wide open distracting me I looked over slightly dazed to find Jace staring back at me.

The look on his face was not one of a happy person but then again when have you ever really seen him happy. Johnny was the first to say anything “I’ll be waiting for you outside” he said his tone so husky before he walked out of the room. 

I didn’t say anything back and watched him leave the room the tension was gone but the anger and frustration that was radiating off Jace was impossible to miss. 

“Was I interrupting something?” he asked his voice tight, probably to restrain from yelling at me like he usually had the habit of doing. 

Looking up at him “No you didn’t, like you heard though he’s waiting for me outside” I said as nonchalant as possible. I began walking forward just making it to where Jace stood before he grabbed onto my wrist rather tightly if I might say.

I sucked in a breath as he spoke directly into my ear his hot breath was on my neck that made me tense. “Bullshit!” he growled so aggressively it made me shiver in my place “You looked about ready to jump him” he said in a defensive tone.

Pulling my wrist out of his grip I looked him in the eyes “I don’t what you’re talking about, and even if I did it’s not any of your business” I said before walking out of the room. Making my way outside I could feel Jace hot on my heels he could get me to go from zero to a hundred in seconds I hated that he had that effect on me.

Johnny was leaning against his truck running one hand through his already messy hair, with the other tucked into the front of his jean pocket. Even though it was dark his silhouette was clear from the building lights. 

I called out his name “Johnny” loud enough for him to turn in my direction, when Jace came up to my right side. He stayed right at my ear I was frozen standing so still, “Don’t even think this conversation is over yet” he said before blowing out his hot breath on the bottom of my earlobe.

That broke me out of my trance and made me take a step away from him; I turned to face him and gave him a hard glare then walked towards Johnny. I began rubbing my ear with the sleeve of my jacket, when I heard his chuckle that just made me rub it even harder.

I had apparently stopped walking so when I looked up Johnny was standing in front of me his face expression held general sincere as he gently grabbed my hand and lowered it. “Sorry about that earlier” he said quietly.

Cocking my head to the side I looked at him stunned “You don’t have to be sorry for anything so it got a little heated in there; I tend to have that effect on people.” I said winking at him. 

In return he gave me a smirk before coming to my side and wrapping an arm around my waist leading me to his truck. Johnny let go of my waist as we got to his truck he pulled his keys out to undo the back, it was the little back door that kept things from falling out when he was driving.

He folded it down before turning to me without any thought or warning as he picked me up. Johnny had his hands on my thighs lifting me which instantly caused me to wrap my legs around his waist, while my hands wrapped around behind his neck. 

I was in the air for maybe a few seconds before he settled me down on the truck bed letting out a hardy laugh. I playfully slapped his shoulder “Johnny give me some damn warning before you do that” I said as I untangled my legs and arms from him.

He let out another laugh before he hopped on to the bed truck he let out a hand for me to take it; I took it gratefully as I got to my feet. “You didn’t seem to mind when I did it earlier” he said with his smirk in place. 

I could feel my cheeks begin to heat up as I remember our meeting earlier today and suddenly it felt like a hundred degree in my jacket, even though there was a breeze keeping the night fresh.

He looked at my expression and let out another laugh, “Oh gosh shut up Johnny “I said waving my hand telling him to hurry it up. I could feel the eyes on my back just to be sure I gave a quick glance over my shoulder and yeah I had been right. 

Both Jace and Abel were staring at and most definitely Johnny, men I swear they get so territorial just like dogs. In reality though I’m single so none of them have any hold on me in any way what so ever. 

Johnny’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts turning back to face him he pointed to the large open case in front of him. I crouched down on my knees he had managed to come through it was a long range sniper shot with scope the bullets were only in the black market from a couple of peoples. 

It was some heavy artillery that brought a smile to my face I felt like the cat from Alice in Wonderland. Most would think I won the lottery or something but this was so important to me. The bullets could break through bullet proof glass it was exactly what I needed for the attack on there clubhouse.

Johnny was looking at me confused but entertained at the same time; I pulled him gently to me grabbing his chin and kissed him very softly yet quickly. Pulling away I said “I owe you Johnny, just bring it in to the conference room”.

With that I turned my back to him and hopped off the truck landing nicely on my feet before throwing one of my fists in the air “YES!” I yelled somewhat to myself. Making my way inside I got some weird looks but they didn’t matter to me.

Widow was going down and I was going to make sure that there wouldn’t be anything left of her.