Chapter 48

Jace’s Point Of View

I laid on my bed with my arms tucked behind my head as I stared at the ceiling the sun was peeking through the window. Sleep hadn’t came to me my mind wouldn’t rest all I could think of was Lexi.

Her words were playing on repeat in my head all I could think of was the conversation we had before she left. I kept thinking how much an idiot I was for even thinking that she would betray me but seeing her kiss that guy had my blood boiling.

I don’t think she realized how much she was on my mind and that just the thought of thinking about her with someone else had me wanting to go on a rampage. It had never happened to me before it was new to me and I wasn’t sure how to cope with it.

I knew I had made plenty of mistakes but shouldn’t I have been given the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this. I’ve never been one to speak about my feelings I never saw the point I usually had any girl I wanted.

Yet with Lexi it was the complete opposite I wanted to protect her yet care for her like no one else. I didn’t see her as just some girl that I wanted to fuck with no there was more to it then that.

If I didn’t figure out my feelings I could lose her and was I willing to live with out her. As I was lying down I finally found an answer to that question.

It wasn’t worth losing her I couldn’t see myself being without her, she needed to be part of my life no she was already part of my life. It wasn’t that I just cared about her I loved her it was more then lust it was passion.

Lexi Cortez was the girl I wanted to be with.

Nobody would ever compare to her.

My phone began ringing loudly I reached over to my nightstand I didn’t bother looking at the caller I.D. I just flipped open the phone pressing the talk button as I held the phone to my ear.

“Hello” my voice sounded tired

“Guess who’s awesome” she squealed 

I had to pull the phone away from the high pitched sound before pressing it back to my ear.

“What is it Silvia?”

“Oh come on you told me to call you at anytime if I got anything”

“I know what I said if your calling me then you have some information” 

“Of course silly but before that what were you doing you sound tired and annoyed” 

“I was laying down; now tell me did you get a hit” was all I was able to say as she cut me off. 

“Hold on you always want to get straight to business you never talk to me its mean”

I could feel my anger start to rise up slowly but surely 

“Silvia if you don’t tell me what I want to know I’m going to make you regret it” I hissed

“Oh gosh always with the threats I swear Jace your so violent but fine I guess I can tell you” 

I waited but she said nothing 

“Well tell me already!” I yelled in the phone more the irritated already

“Ohkay gosh I tracked down the number you gave me and it got a hit about an hour ago”

“What else Silvia?” I asked curiously

“She made a phone call with that I was able to track it’s location using the GPS I will send you the address in a text right now”

“I’m surprised you were able to find her so quickly” I said somewhat stunned.

“From what you had told me I didn’t expect to get a hit but something made her use her personal phone so I was able to track her” 

“Good job Silvia I’ll have one of the prospects go deliver your money later on today” I said

“As always it was nice working with out again Jace” Silvia said before the line went dead.

A minute later my phone vibrated it was the text message from Silvia opening it I looked over the address I knew exactly where she was now.  I know that it wasn’t right of me to go behind Lexi’s back and have a trace on her phone.

But it was the only thing that kept me slightly calm knowing where she was I was worried about her. Even though she had proven more then multiple times she could handle herself I still couldn’t help but want to be by her side and protect her.

I had to make some small arrangements before heading out to where she was but as soon as I had them handled I would be on my way. 

Lexi’s words to me had been that once I figured out what I wanted with her to find her and give her my answer. Well that was exactly what I was going to do I now knew what I wanted and I was going to go tell her.