Chapter 37

After a small awkward moment everybody started going there own way while most just hung around the clubhouse. Abel had tried to talk with me saying it was a serious matter but I put him off and told him it would have to wait till later on.

To kill some time I played a couple more games of pool against John who had me laughing most of the time that I would end up messing up my shot.

He had a really good personality that I just couldn't see how he was related to Jace who was the complete opposite. Jace was sitting at the bar drinking but he kept his gaze on me and John while Matt was to busy stuffing his face with food.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looked as if Jace was jealous he has no right to be but I wanted to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. So while John set up the game again I leaned forward twisting my body so that I was on my side. Laying with my right arm on the pool table which cause my shirt to come up giving him a nice view of my flat toned stomach.

John turned to say something but was left with his mouth open when he caught sight of my raised shirt. I blew out a slow breath and casually tipped my head back. Jace's eyes were hard he didn't even see me glance at him seeing that his staring so hard at John's head.

This was where the saying "If looks could kill" came into mind. If that were true John would have been a pile of ash in front of me with how hard Jace was staring at him.

Turning away a smirk came onto my way face "You done staring yet or do you need another minute?" I asked John letting out a low chuckle. His cheeks reddened at the fact he had gotten caught, he cleared his throat and turned to look away from me.

"Relax I'm just messing with you" I said laughing lightly. Giving Jace my back I sat on the edge of the pool table placing my hand on his shoulder I leaned so that my lips came right at his ear. Letting out a small breath he gave out a small shiver "Don't look but your brother looks like he's ready to murder you" I said quietly before leaning away.

John quirked an eyebrow at me curiousity on his face, taking a quick glance he looked at Jace I couldn't see his face since my back was turned to him. He turned back like it all clicked in place and then a knowing smirk appeared on his face.

He let out a small chuckle "My Oh My Lexi you are quite the naughty one aren't you" he said quietly leaning against me. Giving me a small nugde to my side with his elbow I let out a small laugh faining innocence.

Placing my hands in my lap I slowly began swinging my legs and looked up at him. When I did I looked at him through my eyelashes batting them a few times, while letting my bottom lip pout out "What ever do you mean John? Me why I would never" I said faking innocent.

The left corner of his lip turned up while he took in my appreance and he began shaking his head before looking me in the eyes. "Oh your good" he said proudly that smirk appeared on my face and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Oh you don't even know the half of it" hitting his arm playfully I hopped off the table adjusting my shirt. Looking at Jace then back at John "I don't understand him its like we take two steps forward making some progress but then something small happens and then were right back to the beginning" I said slightly frustrated.

John wrapped him arm around my shoulders pulling me to him so that my head was resting against his shoulder. "Don't take it to hard it's just the way he is" he said quietly, it was a weird being in his arms seeing that I had just meet him.

There was just something about him that was comforting I'm not sure if it was the fact of his personality or the fact that in some freaky way he reminded me of Matt. Pulling away from him I gave him a small smile "Sorry it's been a rough couple off days guess I'm just tired" I said quielty

"Don't sweat it I get how hard things can get. If you ever want someone to talk to you just call for me and I'll come" he said smiling at me with the goofy grin. Laughing I took my phone out and handed it to him, he stared confusenly at the phone which only amde me laugh more.

"It's to put your number in dork how am I supposed to call so you can come sweep me off my feet when I don't have your number?" I said still laughing. He pushed my shoulder gently muttering under his breath still programming his number into my phone.

Giving me a bow he handed me my phone "Here you go my lady" he said in a british accent that had me grabbing my stomach while trying to wipe the tears from my eyes. He was so stupid in a funny kind of way whille Jace was serious and brooding all the time.

"Gosh your such a dork" I said after managing to calm down "Man I havent laughed like that in a good while" before John could comment my phone began vibrating. Patting my pockets down I pulled my phone from my back right jean it was a text message.

To: Lexi

Meeting Change 9:25 am

From: Yung

Looking at the time on my phone it read 8:57 am damn that gave me less then thirty minutes to get to the meeting. Pulling my shades on and shoving the phone in my front pocket I gave John a quick peck on the cheek "I got to go already, well pick this game up later" I said before rushing to were Matt was.

He was sucking on the straw of his milkshake for it to make that annoying sucking sound when there isn't anything left in the cup but air. I could feel Jace's gaze on me like hot metal on skin but ignored it "Matt I'm heading out" I said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

With that I was running out of the clubhouse to my car the prospects opened the gates seeing that I was in a rush, starting the car I speed out of the lot burning rubber. My tires squealed in protest as the rubber burned against the concerte smoke built up that trailed behind me before finally dissappearing.