Chapter 20

Jaces POV

When we reached the cemetery it was raining hard. Outside the gates was Lexi's car abandonded the gate door had been left open. Well from the looks of it the lock had been shot off.

We looked around the car for anything but it was locked. Before heading into the cemetery I called a prospect to pick up her car of course it would be done secretly.

When Mr. Cortez arrived he completely ignored us going straight to Matt. "She had better be here Matthew and in one piece!" his voice was full of anger.

He shouldered past him taking the lead we followed behind. Matt was quiet I patted his shoulder "Don't sweat it you couldn't have know." I told him honestly.

The look in his eyes we he turned to face him was disturbing. Even I felt bad for him you could see he felt bad horrible about it. There hadn't been much we could have done though.

We walked for about 5 minutes to the grave site where there mother was buried. We weren't even sure if she was here but it was the only logical explanation that we could come up with.

The rain was pouring down hard it was already morning yet the sky was covered in dark clouds. Turning a corner her plot came into view. What I saw made my heart ache.

As soon as I saw her body slumped against the tombstone her head to the side. Without thinking I ran to her getting down to my knees.

Lexi was soaking wet her clothes clung to her body. Putting my hand on her shoulder I gently squeezed it. With my other hand I lifted her chin so I could see her face.

"Lexi!" my voice filled with worry. Looking straight into her eyes it was as if they were blank off in the distance. I could see she was trying to focus on my eyes.

Covering her mouth with her hand she began coughing grabbing her stomach. I grabbed her hand pulling it away from her mouth to find blood. "She's Bleeding" I said frantically.

"We need an ambulance!" Mr. Cortez yelled behind me. Looking around there was a bottle of Vodka about Half done. "The ambulance is on its way" Rosie yelled getting off her phone.

If we stayed here they wouldn't be able to find the grave. Wrapping my arm under her legs while the other I gripped her shoulder. Pulling her to my chest I picked her up.

I began walking fast to the front of the cemetery making sure to becareful with her in my arms though. "We shouldn't be moving her!" Matt yelled catching up to me.

"What you want to leave her there and wait!" I roared back my voice like ice. I felt Lexi shift a little bit in my arms. Looking down to her face it was as if she was focusing on my face.

"Don't like you mad" she said quietly but still caught it. I opened my mouth to say something when I heard the loud sirens. We had reached the front already where the ambulance had pulled up.

Two EMTs came out of the back of the car with a stretcher. The male one locked eyes on me then looked down at Lexi. He walked so he was standing in front of me. "I'm going to take it from here." he said over the loud sirens.

Hesitantly I handed her over to him as he laid her down on the stretcher. The lady EMT was asking Mr. Cortez some questions as she was being strapped in. They put the oxygen mask on her putting her in the back of the ambulance.

I could see the guy who had tooken Lexi from me was holding her hand trying to get some response from her. The lady EMT got in closing the doors and they took off.

Male EMT's Point Of View

We had gotten a frantic call of a injured person but not sure of the severness. We rushed to the Saint Falls Cemetery were the person was located. It was said to be young female age 18.

We had been the closest to the location so Emily and I prepared the kit in the back. Usually teenagers would over dose or have alcohol poisoning. When we arrived it was still pouring rain.

Getting out of the back I pulled the stretcher out when my eyes locked on a young male. He was holding the young female looking down I recognized her. It was Lexi walking so I was in front of him.

"I'm going to take it from here" I said holding my hands out to take her from him. He looked at me as he hesitantly handed her over. Emily was over to the side asking Mr. Cortez some quick questions.

I had locked eyes with him for a moment when we gave each other a quick nod in acknowledgment. I laid her down on the stretcher putting the oxygen mask on her.

Putting her into the back of the ambulance I kept her strapped in. Taking her hand in mine I wait to see if I could get a response. Emily got in the back closing the doors we took off to the hospital.

We pulled into the hospital at the same time as her family. We rushed inside as her pulse was low and dropping. Suddenly she began coughing blood her eyes were rolling back into her head. "I need you stay with me Lexi!" I yelled

"Stay with us!" I yelled the blood was blocking her airway "We need a doctor now!" Emily yelled as we got her into a room quickly. "What's the problem" Doctor Knight asked

The family had been asked to stay outside as we got her checked out. Plugging the machines in we worked fast as we were trying to save her life. I was asking her question to keep her mind on my voice.

I had my hand wrapped around her as the doctor was clearing out the blood. When the machine began beeping as her pressure dropped. Frantically they began pumping her chest to get her heart pumping.

Her hand fell out of my grasp with her eyes rolled back. The machine fell to silence with a long beep.