Chapter 27

Jace's Point Of View

Lexi had just gotten off the phone when she turned to face us. We obviously wanted answers but she seemed to be tight liped about it. She took a deep breath "I'm guessing there's some questions you want to ask me" she said.

"What the hell happened here? You were talking to me on the phone then the next your screaming for help" I said looking from Lexi to the bodies that laid on the floor.

"Coming up to my room it was dark and I tripped on Esmerelda's body that's how my phone fell. I freaked out when my shirt had blood and I saw it was her" she said the anger in her voice.

Her fist clenched tightly at her sides, her chest rose and fell. Lexi took another deep breath to most likely calm herself before she continued.

"Then it turned into a fight that's where he comes in. It was a close call for me but the damage is done" she said her fist now unclenched.

My jaw was tight with my fist clenched "Did he try to...did he touch you?" I asked through clenched teeth. I already knew the answer but wanted to hear it from her.

Lexi looked at my face then down to my hands, they were clenched into fist so hard. That they were probably a deep shade of red from the pressure. "It was a close call" she said.

The anger raced in my blood suddenly I found myself in front of her. Gripping her arm in a tight grasp, why wouldn't she just tell me.

"Tell me Lexi! Did he do anything to you?" my voice was hard. The struggle was clear in my voice trying not to yell at her. Lexi ripped her arm out of my grasp she pushed hard against his chest.

"It doesn't even matter he's dead now" I said looking me dead in the eye. My body began to shake causing her to take a slight step back. Matt was looking at me as if I was about to explode.

"Bro you need to calm down" Matt said hesitantly trying to put his arm on my shoulder. A loud whistle came from outside her head snapped up. Two loud knocks were heard at the door.

"I don't have time for this" she said frustrated making her way out of the room. At the sound of her going down the stairs my anger boiled over. Taking my anger out on the wall I punched it.

Landing two hard hits there were was now a big hole in her wall. Storming into my room I slammed the door hard it shook from the force. Frustrated I ran a hand through my hair, grabbing the digital clock I threw it.

Watching it slam into pieces from the force as it hit the wall. Winding my arm back it slammed against the wall. The pulsing pain gave me some sort of a release. Lexi was the only girl who could wind me up like this.

She was going to end up driving me over the edge there was no doubt in my mind. My thoughts were filled of her every second it was like an obsession. I wanted to keep her safe out of harms way but she's right in the middle of it.

Sitting on the edge of my bed I put my head in my hands "Damn" I muttered to myself. How could one girl do this to me Jace Anderson never did I plan to fall for her.

Suddenly my bedroom door slammed opened making me jump up to my feet. There Lexi stood in the doorway just looking at me. The sight of her made my heart race a little faster.

Lexi's Point Of View

I stood there for what felt like a good five minutes just staring at his door. Finally I threw the door wide open it slammed against the wall. Jace jumped to his feet looking at me confusion, and then anger crossed his face.

"What do you want?!" Jace practically growled at me. I took a step forward. His knuckles were red there was a slight hint of purple. The clock was smashed into tiny pieces that laid on the floor.