Chapter 1- Our Ultimatum

A/N IMPORTANT MESSAGE: just saying that this book will be based around Ash and Serena being 16. This is the age Ash is actually estimated to be -if he wasn't still ten:(.This is an alternate ending so not all the events that happen in the anime happen in this book. The current day in this book is the day that Serena leaves for Hoenn and Ash leaves for Kanto. So the kiss hasn't happened yet! There's one more important scene that leads to this happening and you will see it next chapter.

_______________________________________________________

"I can't leave." He said.

"I can't leave this power." He said.

"I can't leave this opportunity." He said.

"I can't leave you."

My crush looked into his Pokemon's eyes with an immeasurable intensity. Although this was all directed at what remained of his team, and I was just ease dropping, the words still made fireworks of happiness go off inside. The conversation still warmed my heart and unraveled the tightness in my chest. I exhaled a breath of relief.

Ash wasn't leaving.

I was currently peering through a bush, watching as Ash tried to make an important decision. It was all under Bonnie's command. She insisted. But I agreed. Honestly, the curiosity was eating me from the inside. This decision would determine my life. Maybe that was stretching it a little but, in that moment, it felt like my life was on the line.

Ash had been deciding wether he wanted to stay in Kalos or leave for Kanto again. He was deciding wether he wanted to follow his dream or put it on hold. Wether he wanted to leave me, or stay.

Every decision that Ash made always circled around his Pokemon. He didn't have many ambitions for anything els, that I could tell. I just hoped his Pokemon in Kalos were enough to make him stay. I could never be enough. It hurt like someone was slowly dragging a knife through my heart. But I was willing to ignore it for him.

His raven hair was in its usual windswept state, a masterpiece in it's self. His signature hat shadowed half his face but the rest of his skin was the perfect shade of caramel and his hazel eyes shone with admiration. Nothing seemed more perfect to me, not that I would ever openly admit it to anyone.

He glanced my way and in a sudden panic, I stumbled backwards. Clumsily, I tripped over my feet and ended up on the floor. There was a small ache coming from my tail bone but my main concern was Ash's reaction. I winced at both the pain and my idiocy.

My crush peered through the bush I was spying from, furrowed eye brows and concerned frown. Sheepishly, I smiled as his eyes landed on me, embarrassment flushing my cheeks pink. When he saw me, his face lit up and he laughed hysterically. My cheeks turned crimson but I couldn't help but bask in his laughter. I loved his laugh.