Chapter 32- Cosmo Children

Yay! Finally updated, sorry it took so long. Hope you enjoy!

______________________________________________________

"Bonnie?! What are we doing out here? It's practically dark already!" I hissed at the little blonde girl who had my left fingers in her grasp as she tugged me through the sandy pathways of Lumious park

"Bonnie?! What are we doing out here? It's practically dark already!" I hissed at the little blonde girl who had my left fingers in her grasp as she tugged me through the sandy pathways of Lumious park. The sun was sunken under the Kalos horizon, leaving the sky in a painted haze of tangerine and lavender, merging different palettes of the sky's finest colors. So we now navigated our way through the park under the guidance of street lamps.

"Not too much further. Just trust me!' Bonnie blurted, her voice bubbling over with excitement as if she knew something I didn't. My eyebrows knotted at the girl.

"If you say so..." I murmured. To be honest, I didn't really mind being in Lumious park. It was a beautiful expanse, with thriving bushes of wild flowers and children's playgrounds all lit by elegant street lamps and twinkling stars. Had I lived in Lumious City, it probably would have been one of my favorite places.

Abruptly, Bonnie stopped mid-step before rotating on her heels so her massive grin faced me. Her eyes sparkled with undeniable excitement that was evident in her tone of voice.

"I like the flower you've got in your hair. Where'd you get it?" She quizzed, taking a prolonged look at the accent to my outfit. After the day we found the tower in the woods, I had put the flower away for safe keeping. I couldn't risk it possibly getting damaged. Truthfully, I expected it to wilt within a few days. But it proved me wrong, still being vibrant and full. The magenta petals shimmered like a surface of studded diamonds under the moonlight.

So when Bonnie suggested I put a little more effort into my appearance tonight, the unique blossom was the first thing I turned to. Again, I tried to fix it behind my ear the same way Ash had that first day, but somehow I couldn't twist my wrists in the same way he had. It still didn't fit quite right.

"I found it in the forest." I answered, hiding the real truth behind half. Fortunately, at Bonnie's young age, she didn't question.

"It's really pretty! I want one!" She pouted, sucking out her bottom lip. I smiled at her expression, knowing she had no idea what she was asking for.

"Maybe one day." I told her in a tender tone. She stared back at me with puzzlement for a second. However, soon she realized that she couldn't decipher my enigma and continued to drag me through Lumiose park.

"Alright! We're here!" Bonnie exclaimed, dragging me out of my daze. And I was shell-shocked.

She had lead me to the banks of a lake, which had the rippling reflection of the moon cascading across it. Further up the bank was a neatly set table with velvet table cloth and silver covered dishes, flourished with a rose center piece. But the most striking part of the assemble were the hundreds of candles that illuminated everything under their golden light. The flames flickered with an orange hue that danced beautifully in front of my eyes. They were scattered across the date location like stars, perching in trees and on Pokemon feeding stations.