Chapter 48- With Every Ounce Of My Fractured Heart

Author's Note:

So here we have it, the last chapter. I honestly never thought I would get here when starting this book. I'm the kind of person who starts writing something and then never finishes it. I've always had a love of words and have started so many pieces only to never complete them. The creative flow is kind of like a drug to me, really.

I've noticed how much my writing has evolved over the course of this book and I'm extremely grateful to this community for shaping the writer I am today. If you were to read my first chapter and then this last one, you probably wouldn't recognize it as the same author. I do plan on making some edits and changes to the beginning but nothing that will effect the end. Simply because my ideas have evolved and I think some of my earlier choices were risky and not developed enough. I just want this piece to be perfect.

Anyways, I know I've never really accounted for any mile stones, be it 1k reads, 5k reads, 10k reads and now we're at 16k! Thanks to all of you who have stuck by me throughout the entire story, you mean so much to me. We've also surpassed 800 votes. That's amazing! Every single one of them has made me smile! Also, we made the What's Hot list for #satosere and #ashxserena. I never thought my fanfiction would reach where it has. I remember when I posted the first few chapters and I tried to look for it under the hashtag Amourshipping. I spent ten minuets scrolling until I found it.

If anyone is interested, I do have a new book called The Pandemonium of Elaina. It's a book full of one shots of different events that happened
in Elaina's life. You all know the basics of her backstory but this gives much more information. After all, Our Alternate Ending is mainly focused on Ash and Serena, so there really was no place for more of Elaina. But there is a lot more too her than just explained in this book. The Pandemonium of Elaina has stories from her childhood, to her time in Sinnoh, even more info of her journey with Ash and Serena. Just letting you know if you're interested.

Now regarding a sequel. There is a sequel to this book, however, I'm not entirely sure what to call it cause Our Alternate Ending can still be read as a stand alone. I will be writing an epilogue for this book, but the sequel will take place in the time frame between the last chapter and the epilogue. Some questions that may be raised in the epilogue will be answered in the sequel, but in the end, the epilogue will be the last of these character's story.

Anyways, enjoy the last proper chapter of Our Alternate Ending.

_________________________________________________

"Queen Serena, what exactly is your relationship with Ash Ketchum?" I heard amongst the onslaught of questions being hurled at me as I walked into my staff manager's office building

"Queen Serena, what exactly is your relationship with Ash Ketchum?" I heard amongst the onslaught of questions being hurled at me as I walked into my staff manager's office building. It was this question that caught my attention, as I was still asking myself the same thing.