Chapter 21- Tainted With Poison

^Just something I did while I was meant to be studying. It's of Ash and Elaina (ignore how bad it is😂😂). Now, before you starting thinking 'oh, Elaina and Ash are going to be in a romantic relationship together, that's awful. Serena and Ash forever...blah, blah, blah'. Trust me, that's not going to happen. I was just bored. And this is an Amourshipping book. Anyways, enjoy the chapter.
__________________________________________________

I yawned, sitting up in my bed. The morning was beginning to stir. The sounds of various Pokemon fluttered through our ajar windows. Golden sunlight made pools on the wooden floor. It bathed me in a warm blaze. My friends and brothers began waking themselves as well.

Serena had attempted to teach me to bake Pokepuffs yesterday. To say the least, I only ended up finishing one Pokepuff. This was due to the fact that I had eaten everything els. But to be fair, I couldn't help myself. The kitchen was filled with such a pleasing aroma that I just had to taste test everything. About twenty times.

Serena stretched, lifting her arms above her head and shaking out her honey locks. Aron sighed, getting used to the morning glare. Leon rolled out of bed, literally. He landed on the flood with a loud thud that woke Ash with a start.

"Dumb idiot." I muttered under my breath, appalled by my brother's idiocy.

Our group ate breakfast served by the Pokemon center. I scoffed down the blueberry muffins like there was no tomorrow. Ash, back to his ridiculous eating habits, gobbled almost everything in sight. We earned our fair share of eye rolls and giggles. After everyone was sure their stomachs were full, we had a full day ahead of us. My show case wasn't until tomorrow and Serena had some plans.

"Of course, we have to visit Valerie." She said with stars in her eyes. I could tell she idolized the gym leader. "She's a fashion designer as well as a gym leader. Truly inspiring."

This caught my attention. Much like Serena, fashion had a special place in my heart. A day full of battling and fashion sounded like a day in heaven to me.

"That sounds amazing! Well, what are we waiting for, let's meet Valerie!" I cheered, grabbing Serena's wrist and pulling her out the Pokemon center. Everyone els trailed behind, shaking their heads at my sudden enthusiasm.

In broad daylight, Laverre City was even more beautiful. It held natural wooden buildings that towered over stream junctions and white-washed pathways. Greenery followed every turn, ivy growing up the sides of various homes. Market stalls of rainbow colored produce doted the streets as we strolled down them. The sounds of children's laughter played in the air, causing a smile to grace my lips. Pokemon danced through the brick paved roads like nothing could make them happier.

Looking at the utopia, my mind wandered to my parents. If only they could see this. If only they could see all the joy that Pokemon brought to people. I wished so much that my parents could find it in their hearts to accept the idea of Pokemon being true companions. But they were dead set on their ways.