Chapter 24- Like Studded Diamonds

^this will become relevant during the chapter^

Yay, another update! I really, really just wanted to update this. So yeah, I hope you like it. I think it's cute but that's just my personal opinion.
_______________________________________________________

The warm color pallet of Kalos forest was one of my favorites

The warm color pallet of Kalos forest was one of my favorites. An array of greens, spectrums of tree bark, pockets of sunshine and, might I add, a rainbow of wild flowers. The flowers were particularly flashy in this part of the forest, a wide range of colors and sizes. Each one was unique to me and I simply couldn't choose a favorite.

The morning was still young, everything falling under the shadow of dawn. I awoke early that day, almost as early as the morning birds, Ash and Elaina. While they were out training, or rather discussing something confidential, I decided to examine the flowers. We had chosen this particular clearing to settle not only because of its natural beauty, but for the bundles of berry trees that flourished in the area. Their thriving systems sprouted juicy fruit that we prepared to pick that morning. After Aron dragged himself out of bed, I planned to call the eager trainers back to campsite for some berry picking.

"Here we go Braixen, this flower is perfect." I exclaimed as I picked a scarlet flower from its roots. Then I gently placed it in my Pokemon's hands to add to the rest of the bouquet. As I continued to pick flowers for my extravagant bundle, I heard the sound of two familiar trainers approaching. Their bickering echoed through the thick forest, allowing me to hear the end of their conversation.

"You do get distracted a lot!" Elaina cried as if she had been unsuccessfully attempting to plant the idea into the raven haired boy's head for a long while.  

"No I don't." My crush answered and immediately captured my attention. I stopped examining the flowers and instead began to ease drop on the pair.

"Yes you do, at least, you have been lately. Which makes me wonder..." My friend pondered as I tried to wrap my head around what they were going on about.

"I-it h-has nothing to d-do with what y-you're talking a-about." Ash stuttered. It wasn't often that Ash was unable to get a perfectly formed sentence out of his mouth.

"Sure Ash, whatever you say!" Elaina said in a sing-song voice. I didn't hear Ash's reply, just brief muttering of incoherent words. Soon they emerged into our campsite, still whispering harsh comments at each other. As usual.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, drawing the pair out of their conversation, or argument, and averting their attention to me. Both pairs of eyes widened in shock, realizing my sudden presence.

"Nothing!" They both blurted out in unison. I gave them a strange look, watching as Ash turned away from me, his cheeks slightly rouge. Elaina just looked at me with a slight smile and I instantly knew this had something to do with her 'you have to figure it out for yourselves' scheme.