Chapter 11- Cobalt Ties

"Where is she? She said she'd be here at exactly 12:00 and its 12:03

"Where is she? She said she'd be here at exactly 12:00 and its 12:03." I tapped my foot as I looked at the large town clock for the millionth time. Ash and I stood in the busy town square as we waited for the siblings to meet us.

"Serena, calm down. She'll be here." Ash put a hand on my shoulder. I paused what I was doing. He gave me a sympathetic smile and all my worries seemed to come undone. Why did he do this to me?

"Serena!" I heard a familiar voice call. My head perked up just in time to see Elaina sprinting towards us with her hands in the air as she waved. Her brothers struggled to keep up with her as they desperately yelled her name. When she stopped beside me her breaths were heavy and frequent.

"Elaina! Are you alright? Did you have anymore run ins with Bella?" I asked as I checked her face for bruises. You could never be quite sure with Elaina. She had a habit of picking fights.

"No." She frowned. "My brothers kept me locked up in the hotel room until you came."

"Thanks guys." I smiled gratefully at the twins.

"No problem. I wasn't going to be the one stopping her from having a fight anyway." Leon concluded. Elaina playfully punched her brother's arm before turning to me again.

"I'm so glad you came. They were keeping me captive like their prisoner. I was so bored!" She pouted at me but then it turned to a grin when she saw Ash. "You brought Ketchum with you." She gave me a menacing smile and a quick wink. "I want all the details of your trip here."

Oh no. I was in for a lot of trouble with that one. But I couldn't help but laugh at my friend. She was one of a kind.

"Sure, we'll have plenty of time to talk. I'm not letting you out of my sight anymore." I scolded her. She gave me a pleading frown.

"Not you too Serena! I'm not spending my whole journey locked up in a hotel room!" She cried.

"Don't worry." I giggled "I'm not going to lock you up in a hotel room. I'm just not letting you get into trouble again. From now on, I'm following you on your journey."

"Really!? That would be great Serena!" Elaina exclaimed in excitement. Her face lit up with the adventures to come. Unfortunately, Ash's face fell.

"Wait, you're going to travel with them." He asked, turning me around to face him.

"Yes Ash. It's what I've decided. Besides, I can't stay caged up in Lumiose city the whole time. That's pointless and I might as well be in Hoenn. Plus, I have to travel for my show cases and this is the perfect opportunity. I don't expect you to come with me. This is your vacation anyway." I looked down at the ground, I would love nothing more than for him to come with me again. But I couldn't hold him down to anything.

"Well then I'll come with you." He grinned at me. I looked up with hopeful eyes.

"Really?"

"Why not have another great adventure? You're right, I can't stay in Lumiose city the whole time so instead, I want to travel with you." He pumped a fist into the air. His words gave me a warm feeling.