Chapter 31- Cours d'Amour

I know you were probably expecting this chapter to be Ash and Serena's set up date but I just wanted to add in another chapter real quick. Because I wanted to show you that although I haven't been writing the scenes, the 'love lessons' are still ongoing.
_____________________________________________________

"Alright, I'm only doing this because I want to, not because you asked this morning

"Alright, I'm only doing this because I want to, not because you asked this morning." Elaina told me with her eyebrows knotted into a firm expression and her teal orbs hard, capturing me in her stare.

"Whatever floats your boat." I replied with a malicious smirk that I knew would fuel her fire. Elaina was easily angered, I recognized that fully, but still the child within enjoyed sparking her temper like a toddler with putty in his hands.

Elaina glared at me, as anticipated. She parked herself on a love-seat sized bench that lined a common street of Lumious city. The city was busy like normal, a steady flow of people mindlessly passing by with various Pokemon in tow. The Kalos sun had a harsh glare that bore down on me, heating each fiber of skin until I tingled with warmth. The place still had a faint nose-twitching sent of baked croissants tinging the air. I copied the golden blonde by taking a seat on the opposite side of the bench.

She pursed her lips, briefly let her eyelids flutter closed and became entranced with her thoughts. Her unique lessons had been an eyeopener for me. I found myself gaining interest in the actions of others and trying to conclude their thoughts. The new hobby was a practicable skill, that, may not have been a habit like Elaina, but something I increasingly did more and more. At the very beginning of this extravaganza, Elaina instructed me to practice everything she taught in real life, it was one of her necessary rules. And so I did. With each day that passed it surprised my how much more prominent these things became in my thought process, and I found my way of thinking began to change. Queer at first, but soon I became comfortable plunging myself into a world of emotion.

Of course, I always kept Serena in the back of my mind. After all, she was the reason I started my 'love lessons' in the first place. And as promised, I did apply what I had learnt to studying her. But I had a weird reaction to it. I saw the blushing and I saw the way she tensed when I was near. However, I always seemed to lose my sense of knowing with Serena, every initial thought contradicting itself and over thinking. The extent of my knowledge became worthless, for in my mind, she was different. Or even in some cases I felt as if she was polar opposite.

"As far as I'm concerned, we've covered pretty much all of how love can inflict weakness upon a person. We've done blushing, becoming distracted, infatuated, how we change ourselves to please them, purposely going out of our way to put ourselves in situations with the one we love, even putting their needs and demands before our own. But we must remember that love is certainly not just a weakness. In fact, it is a strength that can largely out weigh all these weaknesses combined." Elaina explained as she took on the tone of a professional.