Chapter 35- Our Nostalgia (Part 1)

A/N:

Okay, so as you might have noticed, there will be two parts to this chapter since it was so long I had to split it up. Anyways, I also wanted to inform you that I am writing another story which unfortunately isn't amourshipping but, I'm planning on entering it for this years Pokemon Watties. I will be posting the first chapter as a preview and the rest later on in the year (still have to write most of them). If you like horror, you should certainly check it out. I'd like it if you guys could give me feed back cause I want it to be as good as possible for the competition! Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

 I'd like it if you guys could give me feed back cause I want it to be as good as possible for the competition! Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

"Ashy-boy? Is that you?" A strangely familiar voice called. It wasn't a voice I expected to hear in this region and it didn't quite fit. The sound sent a jolt of nostalgia coursing through my body. This voice, it wasn't meant to be here.

No-- he couldn't be here.

Within a fraction of a second, I found myself spinning on the balls of my feet in order to find the source of this voice. Amongst the puddles of people pondering about the town square, stood a bronze haired boy. One with a familiar face. One I had known for far to long. It had been years since our last encounter, many other things had tangled around our schedules and pulled us separate ways.

But he hadn't changed a bit.

Gary's hair was still disheveled and spiked, sweeping over his head like the ocean waves across the Ambrette shore. My old friend--or rival, shall I put it-- wore sagged purple trousers and skin hugging black tee, just the way I had seen him in Sinnoh. The small frayed necklace he wore still bared upon his chest, only showing minor signs of aging. The malicious smirk he always seemed to possess pined the corners of his lips to the center of his cheeks as his bark eyes landed upon me.

"Gary?" I questioned, though the answer was obvious. He was here-- standing lopsided in from of me.

"The one and only." He replied, gliding his hands into his trouser pockets and beginning the short journey towards our huddle. "Long time no see, Ash. And Pikachu for that matter."

"Pika, Pikachu!" The yellow mouse greeted with a gentle nod. He clearly recognized the brunette.

"What are you doing here?" I spoke, stunned beyond simple movement. Gary's placement was so careless, as if this encounter didn't come as much of a shock. But, I guess, that's Gary for you.

"I could ask you the same question." The bronze haired boy shrugged, dimples arising on his cheeks alongside a widening grin.

"I asked first." I deadpanned, desperately fishing for an answer. An airy chuckle left Gary's lips, signifying that he had just being messing with me. Classic.

"Short story: Gramps wanted in on the whole mega-evolution trend and sent me to do his bidding. Long story: I'm in Kalos as apart of a research experience program, helping professor Sycamore to further his knowledge on mega-evolution. Currently I'm visiting this town in order to study Gyarados, which is a Pokemon that can mega-evolve. Apparently, there have been some sightings of them out here recently." My old rival informed, looking rather pleased with himself. This, however, sent an abrupt shudder down my spine, shaking every vertebrae with haunting memories. I had dealt my fair share with Mega-Gyarados.