Chapter 5- The Love Whisperer

"Well done Ash

"Well done Ash. You are some trainer." Elaina extended an arm for Ash to shake. He took it firmly.

"Yeah, but you really got me there with those tactics." Ash let go and scratched the back of his head. "I haven't battled in a week and it really showed there."

"Your Pikachu packs quite a shock." Aron joined the conversation along with his brother.

"Wow, I want a Pikachu who can thunder bolt like that. You were amazing!" Leon piped in. I couldn't help but contribute too.

"That's Ash for you. It doesn't matter what you throw at him, he usually manages to come out on top." I smiled at him. Ash looked at me and laughed a bit, his cheeks tinted slightly pink.

"Hey, I have a question!" Ash broke eye contact with me to look at the siblings. "You each used a move in our battle that you never used in the tournament. Why?" I blinked then looked between Ash and the siblings. They really did that? I never noticed. Of course Ash would, he had memorized every one of their moves off by heart. "Froakie never used double team until this battle. For Eevee it was attract and Chespin was energy ball."

All three siblings burst out into laughter. Ash narrowed his eyes at them. I just stared, dumbfounded.

"Oh yeah!" Elaina exclaimed. "That was my idea. You see, I saw you and Serena watching me very carefully while I battled. You seemed interested and I assumed you may ask me to battle later. Then I saw you study my brothers too so I told them to hold back on one move so that when we battled you, we would have the advantage of surprise!"

That's what she was doing when we made intense eye contact during the tournament. She was calculating her strategy.

"You had a tactic before I even asked to battle you. Can you read the future?" Ash asked, a sheepish smile crossing his face. Elaina giggled.

"Im not psychic Ash. It's called being aware of your surrounding and paying attention to others body language." Ash could learn a thing or two from her I thought to myself. In that instant she looked at me with her piercing green eyes. It made me slightly uncomfortable and I shifted towards Ash. "My mother taught me how to do it..." She trailed off, studying me more carefully now. Elaina looked between Ash and I. Her face pulled into a knowing smile.

"Ash went to the Kalos league you know?" Bonnie chimed as she played with Dedenne in her bag.

"Bonnie, that's for Ash to tell not you." Clemont moaned at his little sister.

"You went to the Kalos league? Cool, I read about that once. Don't you need like...eight gym badges to go there?" Leon asked intrigued. Something about what he said confused me. Most people hear about the Kalos league on TV or maybe go to one or two. He said he 'read about it once' and that just didn't sound normal to me.