Chapter 3- Battle Cries

A/N: picture above is the official sketches of the new characters Aron, Leon and Elaina. I hope you like them. I put a lot of effort into these so no hate please!!!
____________________________________________________________

 I put a lot of effort into these so no hate please!!!____________________________________________________________

"Come on Serena, hurry up!" The little blonde girl called me from the front of Lumiose city gym. "We're going to be late!"

"I'm coming" I said as I walked into the battle arena with a smile on my face. It had been a week since Ash made his decision to stay here in Kalos. We spent most of it relaxing and watching him train. I went out to some of the boutiques and brought a few things. I would have liked to brought more. Unfortunately Ash and Clemont wouldn't dare step foot in a boutique and Bonnie was much to occupied with Dedenne attempting to run away, so I felt lonely.

Sometimes I wished I had a girl my age traveling with me, especially since I was now sixteen. Bonnie bounced up and down with excitement. She had been desperate to go to the beginners league all week. She couldn't wait.

Her older brother, Clemont stood patiently by her side with a grin across his face. It seemed that Clemont was secretly as excited as Bonnie for this.

"Where's Ash?" I asked as I approached them.

"He's running a bit late. He should be here any second, I think he over slept." Clemont explained. I just nodded.

Suddenly the gym door flew open and a raven haired boy sprinted in. His hat was clutched in his right hand and his jacket ridden off his shoulders. Ash was breathing hard but a smirk was still plastered on his face.

"Morning sunshine." I called to him as I stood by his side. Ash fixed his hat and pulled his jacket into place.

"Man, sorry I'm late. I over slept." He exclaimed, liking his lips. The rest of us just laughed.

"Well, we got to go before we're late." Clemont started towards the door and Bonnie bounded behind him.

"A few years from now and you'll be watching me!" Bonnie shouted in delight as we excited the gym.

*. *. *.

"Welcome everyone to the Annual Beginners League!" Professor Sycamore declared to the large crowd that circled Lumiose city park. It was the same one me and Ash had our battle just over a week ago. It was also the place where Ash had his first battle against Clemont when he first arrived.

"Didn't think I'd be back here so soon." Ash whispered as Professor Sycamore continued to greet people to the exciting event on the winners podium.

"Here at the beginners league we have three categories that trainers are put into at random. This gives everyone a higher chance of receiving one of our hand made trophies. Once the winner of Category 1 has been decided we will move on to Category 2 and so forth. At the end of the tournament the three winners will receive their trophies on this podium. I would like to wish every trainer good luck. Now, without any more time wasting, let's begin the first match!"