Chapter 17- To Fall Like An Angel

I finally awoke after an ear splitting scream

I finally awoke after an ear splitting scream. Though I had managed to sleep through all the bickering and explosions, this couldn't be ignored. Within seconds, I sprang to my feet and unzipped the tent. The cool air hit me like a tsunami and goose bumps instantly snaked up my arms. How Elaina and Ash were able to stand such temperatures this early in the morning was beyond me.

The soft grass tickled my feet but it didn't stop the frantic pace of my legs. I remembered the makeshift battlefield the two trainers had set up the night before. They had spent hours on that battlefield, even after nightfall. My guess was they were training there, yet again.

I made my way through the thin layer of trees that separated our campsite from the clearing. My cropped, honey colored hair stuck in clumps to my face. A sweat began to break out above my brow. I knew something terrible must have happened.

Ash glared into the distance. His eyes were narrowed at something, but I couldn't distinguish what it was. Elaina looked on with puzzlement, but there was anger behind her eyes too. Suddenly I heard the chorus of an oddly familiar motto.

"Prepare for trouble."

Oh great.

"And make it double."

Those dumb-minded annoyances are here.

"To protect the world from devastation."

No wonder Ash looks mad.

"To unite all people within our nation."

They must have Pikachu.

"To denounce the evils of truth and love."

Now we have to waste our time again.

"To extend our reach to the stars above."

Nothing ever changes.

"Jessie."

Blah, blah, blah

"James."

Blah, blah, blah, blah,

"Team rocket blasts off at the speed of light."

This is getting old.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight."

Like really, really old.

"Meowth, that's right!"

"Wobbuffet!"

I now stood beside Ash and mirrored the look on his face. The trio of Pokemon thieves stood in plain view, a net clutched in Jessie's hand. Inside the net was Pikachu, who thrashed viciously and let out bursts of electricity.

"When are you going to learn? You will never get Pikachu!" I shouted at them, the annoyance evident in my voice.

"That ugly looking Pokemon took Eevee's Pokeball. Who even are they?" Elaina asked, anger starting to bubble more vigorously within her.