Chapter 18- Wild Eyes

Don't you just love amourshipping fan art?

"Elaina, how many times have I told you? Preforming is not about hitting a target

"Elaina, how many times have I told you? Preforming is not about hitting a target." I said for the millionth time that morning. My face fell at the sight of a tree, cracked in half due to the impact of Eevee's swift.

"I'm sorry! I'm trying, I really am. It's just habit, that's all." Elaina tried to explain herself as she inspected the new damage.

"Remind me to sit in the back row of the stadium during her performance." Aron piped from the side lines and Leon nodded in agreement. The twins had attempted a training session this morning but got distracted by the humor of their sister's failures. Elaina simply stuck out her tongue at them.

"This is going to be harder than I thought." I muttered, not realizing my friend was right beside me.

"That's what I said when I first started to teach Ash about feelings. Although sometimes it's difficult, he will get there. He's making progress. Very slow progress, but still, it's progress." She reassured me. "And if Ash can learn to love, you can certainly teach me to be a performer." For the last sentence, she leaned into my ear and made sure no one heard. I slowly nodded.

"How about we try that move again?" I suggested. Elaina was right, things would fall into place eventually.

"That's the spirt!" She cheered as her and Eevee readied themselves. How ironic I'm the one who needs motivation and I'm not even making the mistakes!

I bit my lip, anticipating the worst. I was praying she would hit another tree this time and not me instead.

"Alright Eevee, use attract!" Elaina commanded and her Pokemon obeyed, sending shimmery pink hearts into the air. Then, Eevee did a graceful flip over my friends outstretched arm. "Now swift!"

The gold stars darted into the air, this time, aimed correctly. The attract and swift collided, sending gold sparkles everywhere. The glittery display fanned out like a firework and cascaded onto Elaina's shoulders. She gasped in awe.

"We did it, Eevee!" The gold haired girl beamed.

"Eev, Eev, Eevee!"

"Woah, it actually worked!" I wondered out loud. Elaina looked at me with a satisfied grin and playfully tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"I told you I would get it eventually." She winked at me, but I could see the deeper meaning behind it.

"What did I miss?" Came a familiar voice. I whipped around to find my crush stumbling onto the scene. He was still sleep induced, his jet hair tussled and tired eyes. Ash was wearing his pajamas, a read and white vest with navy shorts. I giggled a little as he rubbed his eyes and stretched.

"You missed my amazing performance." Elaina told him disapprovingly.

"And her failed attempts too!" Leon shouted, earning a harsh glare from his sister. Ash attempted a laugh but it didn't sound right, due to his sleepy voice.