Chapter 10- Firelight

Merry Christmas everyone. Thank you so much for reading this far. To be honest, I didn't think I was going to get this far. Please feel free to leave a comment about my new characters like Bella, Leon, Aron and especially Elaina. I love hearing what you think and please tell me how I can make their characters better!
________________________________________________________

 I love hearing what you think and please tell me how I can make their characters better!________________________________________________________

"It's getting late Serena, I think we should stop for the night." Ash noted as the light from the sinking sun washed him in gold. His hazel eyes had been been temporarily flushed vermilion. It was the most picturesque sight I had ever seen. I wanted to capture this moment in my memories forever.

I sighed.

"I guess you're right. We can stay here for the night. There's space for our tents and, a stream nearby too." I looked around the small clearing we were standing in. The canopy opened, allowing the last bit of sunlight to pour through. Soon we would have a clear view of the stars. And me and Ash would be alone.

The thought of us laying under the stars together, no other company for miles away made me blush. I covered my heated cheeks with my hands to hide the fact.

"I'm going to get some fire wood so we can make dinner." Ash suggested and I nodded in return.

While Ash was away, I decided to put up my tent. Well, Bonnie's tent that I kind of umm...stole. But that's irrelevant. Once it was up, I stood back to admire my work. Suddenly, Ash burst through the trees with a jumble of fire wood balanced in his arms. I chuckled as he awkwardly waddled over to where I was standing. Then, he dropped his load onto the floor before brushing himself off.

"Thank you Ash. I'll start the fire and begin making dinner while you set up your tent." I said as I lit a match and threw it into the wood pile. A look of panic crossed Ash's face. He nervously scratched the back of neck. I perked up at his strange behavior.

"What's wrong Ash?"

"Umm...I might have forgotten to bring a tent." He smiled sheepishly at me. My mouth formed the shape of an 'o'. What was I going to do? I obviously couldn't make him sleep outside.

"I guess you could sleep with me in my tent." I suggested. He slowly nodded, there wasn't much els he could do.

"Okay" he muttered as he pulled his hat down over his face. It was almost as if he was hiding something. "I'm going to do some training."

Ash walked into the woods, leaving me alone with the fire and a bunch of ingredients that had nothing to do with making deserts. Making normal food couldn't be that hard, right? I mean, Clemont did it every day.

Well, there's a first time for everything.

*.   *.    *.    *. 

Dinner didn't turn out too badly considering my lack of experience. Ash and I both sat around the fire in silence as we finished our soup. We hadn't talked much after Ash came back from training, other than establishing the fact that he was starved.