Chapter 44- Bitter Blue

"Alright Ashy-boy, once more and we're done for the day

"Alright Ashy-boy, once more and we're done for the day." Gary reassured me, adjusting the wires tapped onto my arms for the umpteenth time. His disheveled bronze hair still sat on end, spiked and unkept. Just how he liked it. An immaculate lab coat was squared onto his broad shoulders, slightly creased by the collar. Those dark eyes were analytical now, shaped with the wonders of probe and inquiry.

My forearm tensed as Gary brutally tugged a secure wire from its place only to stick it back on the rigorous spot. He was as adept with accuracy as he was with his research. Competently, he plastered the tape back onto my skin. Satisfied, Gary moved onto Greninja, double checking and re-checking the data acceptors until everything was completely sublime.

"Perfect!" The highly recognized Pokemon researcher exclaimed as he found his home by the cluttered desk he'd set up outback his father's research lab. It was strewn with papers and files, half used pens and wires, and his most prized laptop centered amongst the chaos. "Whenever you're ready, Ash."

I nodded briefly before glancing at Greninja. His frame was still and intensive, littered with strings of Gary's research equipment. The strength of his power was almost unmeasurable by any machine man had ever built, making this project a particularly difficult task for Gary. Over the past three years, we trained tirelessly, blood, sweat and tears, fabricated onto the rolling hills of Pallet.

He'd been my furtive weapon, a beast of mass destruction contained within the skin of a regular Pokemon. A host of raw power, synced with my command. He'd been through everything with me: my second shot at the Indigo League, every elite four member and finally, Kanto's champion. In whom, I defeated to claim the title as my own. And now, he stood with me through Gary's strenuous research program.

Letting a deep concentration filter into my eyes, sinking apathy and beatitude into my rolling irises. A tremendous shudder ricocheting down my spine. Secreting a flush of adrenaline that funneled through every vein, artery and capillary in my body until I breathed the euphoria. I felt the refined power rake through me, until my vision blurred and every nerve vellicated.

Beside me, the visual transformation churned like an uproar of water from the seas of Cinnabar Island. A tsunami wrapped around my partner in thick sheets of endowment. Sure, it was a turbulence that could drown anyone who drew to close, inhale you in like a freak wave and lander your lungs to wretched tissues. But it was as nurturing as the loam meadows thrive in.

A red diadem crowned Greninja's head and adornments that protruded like the spires of a black castle. The decoration of a four pointed star --better known as a shuriken--fastened onto his back, reflecting the June sun and squandering each drop of water into its structure. The shuriken was like a memoir of power, for the more we collected, the more it enlarged.

"Wow. Doesn't matter how much I've seen you do that, it gets me every time." Gary remarked as he studied the new data on his laptop. "That's all I need for today, Ash. You can leave."