Chapter 47- Bleeding Black

Mangled and threaded amongst my silk bed sheets, I contemplated my every next move, next word, next breath

Mangled and threaded amongst my silk bed sheets, I contemplated my every next move, next word, next breath. Would I avoid him? Would I approach him?

Avoiding would be easier but confrontation was oddly compelling.

"He's here..." I mumbled to myself. Really here. Skin, flesh and bone. I really did see those hypnotic chocolate eyes. And did I really hear him plead? Was the forlorn really so deafening I had to run away?

The image was distorted in my head, as if merely a dream that boarded the uncanny edge of a nightmare. The picture didn't seem right, I never imagined Ash begging for acceptance, not even when I hoped that he would come back to me. It was like a manipulated photograph that had been burned into my conscience. And it was all I saw.

Drawing the crimson silk sheets over my lithe body further, I saw his eyes flash in my head, their despondent frowns. But I also saw his inner sanguine, the one I had smothered with one macabre look. I saw the raw riptide of power that brewed within. It was the familiar Ash I knew, the one I loved.

And he was here. A little broken. Enervated cracks. But still, here.

A knock on the front door rang through the pent house hallways and struck my eardrums like the heralding of a prince. I shot straight up so vigorously, my bones rattled beneath my skin. Who could be knocking on the door?

Elaina was locked up in her room, probably still searching for something worth punching. In the end, I came to the conclusion that it must be my staff manager, Stella. She would often come knocking, telling me about a spontaneous interview she had agreed to. And I wasn't surprised, after this mornings events, I had some talking to do.

Delphox caressed a hand across my leg, comfort laced in her touch. She had been consoling since I had stormed into the pent house a few hours ago, muttering about how he was back.

"It's okay." I told the fire Pokemon, as if to assuage her anxiety for me. "I'm fine. I'm put together and independent. It's probably just an interview and I'll give them a reasonable explanation for today's encounter."

I crept down the marble tiles in a zeal-less manner, as if my limbs could detach from their tendons in a split second. Like the worlds weight could cripple me with the slightest change of pressure. As if I could flake off the face of the earth so soundlessly, the wind could have inhaled me away.

I did not expect to see the face that was there, behind that polished mahogany door. Some part of me would have preferred an onslaught of paparazzi, firing questions like bullets from a machine gun. The other part wished for nothing else. Just his well sculpted and unblemished features, looking flustered under a mop of unkept jet hair. Both options amounted to the same uproar of clamor, despite hundreds to one single boy.

It was Ash Ketchum. The perfect concoction of good and bad, a collision of smiles and heartbreaks, sunny days and cumulonimbus clouds. He was shooting stars, destructive waves and rose thorns, wrapped in a ribbon of caramel skin and thick ebony lashes. He was my one true love and everything I never wanted. He was so many things at once, I didn't know if I could cope.