Chapter 46- Beauteous Storms

Elaina stood from her chair, gaze fixed somewhere across the street and eyes so chilling I felt crystallized winds roll down my spine

Elaina stood from her chair, gaze fixed somewhere across the street and eyes so chilling I felt crystallized winds roll down my spine. Her look was bloodcurdling, cyclones spinning a fatal breeze like how disrupted beasts roar once awakened. Something set her on fire.

"Elaina, what's wrong?" I asked skeptically, following her stare to where it fell not too far away. Stitched between the steady flow of people, was a raven haired boy. Hazel orbs entranced beyond perception, like he hadn't fully tasted Elaina's glare, like he was still caught in his own fantastical aerial.

It didn't take me any longer to recognize this boy than it did to recognize my own reflection. Though, he was taller than I remembered and features matured, lost every baby-like facet. But his unkept jet hair and abundant chocolate eyes were still exactly the same. How much I missed those eyes, but damn, how much I dreaded them. Seeing them again was like being pulled under water so murky, blues look like grays and browns like blacks. It was like not being able to breath.

The embodiment of heartbreak stood before me like a specimen of all things admirable. Each of my tears forged into the shape of a boy. A boy I once loved with every grain of my being. A boy I would continue to love despite my denial. A boy I could shut out, but never forget. A boy I could survive without, but never face his death. For ever knowing he was truly gone was a fate worse than hell.

"Serena..." The heartache spoke in a familiar voice I thought I'd forgotten, reaching his hand out and stepping closer. I yearned to copy, but I denied myself anymore than paralysis, cause taking his hand right then was giving in far too abruptly. It was proof the cement I used to cure my world when he abandoned me was more brittle than I thought.

"What are you doing here?!" The girl beside me shrieked, shattering any daze that threaded onto my conscience and jerking me in such a way that I inhaled a much needed breath. Elaina lunged at Ash, fury sparking across the fingers that longed to attain him. In Ash's luck, a black picket fence separated them like two war-torn regions of the brink of devastation.

"I'm so sorry. Can we please talk? I know it's taken me too long and I understand if you don't want to-" Ash was cut off by a very daunting matter.

You see, Elaina didn't want to talk. Using words seemed meaningless to her, they would only fissure deeper into the crack we sealed so long ago. Plus, the itch to inflict pain was evident in the crazed look that aroused her eyes. So no words. Instead, she swung a fist at the raven haired boy who stood too close to the fence for comfort.

Apparently, years of reflex training with Greninja proved of much value in those split seconds. Where I barely managed a gasp, his pupils dilated, acknowledgement percolated into his expression and he flinched aside by the skin of his teeth. Elaina's fist flashed through thin air, making me almost agitated that she had missed. A small fragment of me ached to see a flaming, hot scarlet mark across his pretty face.

"Did you just try to punch me?!" Ash screeched, frame shuddering meagerly in the aftermath of shock. He glared an unwavering gawk, as if he couldn't quite comprehend her intensions.

"You had it coming! After what you did!" Elaina countered, a snarl ripping from her chest like something unworldly dwelled within her. It was like she had reached her hand into the burning cores of hell, taken the devil's horns and crowned herself with them. Her teal orbs were like a glimpse into Ash's future, and it did not look pretty. After she cried her tears for the jet haired boy, she repleted the space with anger.

"I know, I should have talked to you sooner. I can only imagine what I put you through but please, hear me out. I can't stand not being on at least mutual terms with the both of you. And remember, this is two sided, I was also deprived of you for three years." Ash started consolingly, voice tender, trying to settle Elaina. But I couldn't bare too listen, to hear the words I breathed for three years ago. I didn't want to hear them now.

"And who's fault was that?!" Elaina yelled, with the fortitude of a Pyroar's barrage, collecting streams of unwanted attention to stare and crowd. Three celebrities commenced in a battle of blame was sure to spark the interest of any by passer.

"I know, I know. It's my fault. And I accept that. But I also need you to accept that I was not in a good place and I didn't talk to anyone. And then to hear your voice-" Ash glanced at me, eyes of strife and desirous alike, drawing me captive like a web of pretty lies. Could I believe him? I didn't know anymore. "To know I had something I wanted to go back to, more than I wanted to care for my mother was sickening. I wouldn't allow myself to do it. Cause I knew, the second you said 'run away with me', I would. So please, can we talk? At least say something to me."

"No" was my irrefutable reply. Ash jumped, possibly from hearing my voice for the first time in three years--and speak a word so harsh, at that. The puzzlement and despair that followed provoked a small part of me to throb, but for the most part, I stood by my answer. Sincerely talking with Ash would not be good for my health, emotionally and physically.

"W-why?" He stammered, trying to comprehend the dead look in my eye. The mundane and bleak expression that kept my rage locked up and my tears at bay.

"We stopped talking three years ago, Ash. And that was your decision. You can't come back here expecting to talk, and for me to just fall into your arms again. It doesn't work like that. I can't be here anymore, I need to think." I declared, pushing my way through the cafe crowds and ignoring the stares of inquisitive people. As I exited Slurpuff's Corner, I felt Elaina fall in step with me, though, she was astute enough to stay quite and let me deal with the emulation of emotions that lashed between my head and my heart. I also felt Ash's eyes on my back, but I didn't care.

I just needed to get away.

Away before his puzzle piece fell perfectly back into my world, completed a circuit and thus, ignited an old current flowing.

___________________________________________________________

Okay so this is the last chapter for about a week. I'm literally going to the airport in half and hour. See you later!