The Elevator Chapter

Hour 1

Hour 1

I stretched widely and let the pleasurable feeling roll down my back. I felt refreshed as a nice feeling warmed me from the inside. The celebratory diner I had planed for this evening seemed very appealing that the moment. The clock on the bedside table of my hotel room told me it was time to head to the lobby and wait for the others.

My hotel room was small with only one bed. It was strange not staying with Bonnie anymore. Considering that Elaina and her brothers were already staying in a room together, I got one all to myself. The tranquility was very relaxing.

Once I had put my boots on, I was ready to head into town. My performance was finally behind me. Now, I knew my place. I knew where I stood in the world of performing. Right behind Aria. She was my next challenge. But it would be a little while before I got to face her on stage again.

When I walked down the hallways, a smile appeared on my face. A night out with my friends was exactly the thing I needed. As I rounded the corner to the elevators, a certain head of jet hair came into view. The boy had a small Pikachu resting on his shoulders, as usual. Ash stood casually with his hands in his pockets as he awaited the arrival of an elevator.

"Hey Ash!" I greeted as I parked myself next to him.

"Oh hey Serena! It's really nice of you to suggest a celebratory dinner. And a good thing too, I'm starved." Ash replied as he rubbed his stomach. I let out a small giggle.

"Pika, Pikachu." The yellow mouse agreed.

"You're always starved, Ash." I smiled playfully at him.

"That's true." He chuckled. The elevators dinged and one of the pairs of gold doors opened. The hotel was very exquisite with many gold accents and modern architecture. I admired the delicate detail and elegant artwork through every inch of it.

Elaina's favorite part was the elevators for sure. She was fascinated by them. I believe she quoted, "it's a small box that moves up and down like magic! I've read about them in books but thought they were only a thing of the future!" My friend was much impressed.

Ash and I entered the elevator and the doors quickly closed shut. An awkward silence fell upon us as the gentle vibration of our decent started. I chewed the inside of my lip as I searched my brain for something to say.

And that's when it happened.

A sharp jerk. The vibrations stopped. I was lifted off the ground briefly then slammed back down. My body shook. The elevator shook. My vision blurred. My brain swam. My legs buckled.

And then everything stopped.

All was quiet and still as both Ash and I assessed our situation. Weakly, I got back up and brushed myself off. My heart was still pounding in my chest from the shock and I had to balance myself on the elevator walls. Panic started to well up inside me.