Chapter 22- Sheens of Gold

Warning! This chapter is to be rerwitten in the near future so read with caution! Certain events may be changed which will not change the outcome of the overall story but only this chapter.

Also, you may notice that I changed the title from: Our Alternate Ending: An Amourhsipping story...to.... Our Alternate Ending: A Pokemon Adventure.

Although the plot is often heavily driven by Amourshipping, this book is clearly not just that. There are other characters and plot points so I didn't want my title to be misleading in any way.
______________________________________________________

"I don't want to anymore!" I shrieked, backing away from Serena's dainty claws that were about to snatch a hold of me

"Come one, Elaina! We practiced so much, there's nothing to be afraid of." Serena argued as she grasped my wrist and dragged me up to the registration desk. I gulped, fear twisting inside me at the thought of such event.

My Pokemon rookie class performance.

"Yes there is!" I countered in a desperate attempt to stall for time. Maybe I could run out of time to register. Unfortunately, that was highly unlikely seeing as we were standing at the front of the line, inches from the receptionist, with half an hour of registration left. Curse my luck. "What if I lose?!"

Serena sighed, looking awfully irritated by my perspective. But I couldn't help the way I was. There was something about the idea of losing that left me unsettled and ultimately angry.

"It doesn't matter if you lose. It's all apart of the experience. I didn't win my first show case either. You can't be extremely good at something right off the bat, it takes time." She reassured as she pointed an instructing finger at me, like that of a teacher.

"But it does matter! I don't want to lose!"

"Losing isn't always a bad thing. It can be apart of an important lesson too."

"But losing is not winning. And not winning is bad." I pointed out matter-of-factly. Serena sighed again, done with our argument. She tilted her head and raised a stern eyebrow. 

Finally, I caved in.

"Fine! I'll do it!" I surrendered. It was strange how much of an influence Serena had on my everyday choices. I would do almost anything for her. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I felt as if I owed her everything. She was the person who introduced me to friendship. It was something that wasn't taught often in my household.

"Good, cause we're holding up the line." She said, satisfied. I smiled sheepishly at her before proceeding to the receptionist who was looking rather impatient.

"Hello, I'm Elaina and I would like to sign up for this rookie class performance."

*.         *.          *.       *.