Chapter 2- Stay with Me

Flashback

Flashback...

I woke up for the third time that night. An unsettling feeling coiled in my stomach, it arose every time I thought about my journey, Clemont, Bonnie or...Ash. Nothing seemed to stop the constant quivering in my veins and sleep didn't come easy. Not tonight. Not on my last night. Tomorrow I would officially leave everything behind. The journey would officially be over. I would fly to Hoenn. He would fly to Kanto.

I vigorously tossed in my bed again. We ended up staying in the Lumiose city Pokemon Center for the last night. We had stayed in so many over the past year that I just wanted to spend one more night. It wasn't fancy or glamorous but it felt like home.

The window of our room overlooked the battle field. A small porch was built right outside the sliding doors, very convenient I must say. Bonnie and I sat on the porch steps earlier that afternoon and watched Ash train for the last time. The last time...

Those words pained me to no end. It started the horrible feeling in my gut again. I sighed impatiently and opened my eyes. They landed on the full moon that was set high in the sky. It shone brightly, casting a shimmery haze upon a...figure.

I bolted upright. Someone was sitting on the porch steps. With a little bit of squinting I made it out to be Ash. Who els. My crush sat motionless in his pajamas, staring at the sky like it held the answers to all his questions. I looked over at his bed. The sheets had been thrown over multiple times. One pillow was on the floor and the other on the wrong end of the bed. Pikachu still slept soundly amongst the chaos of sheets. Looked like Ash had trouble sleeping too.

For a minuet I just watched him. I traced the spiked strands of his hair with my eyes. I accidentally caught myself looking at the way his vest really outlined his muscles. Damn.

I really needed to get a hold of myself.

After a minuet of contemplating, I built up the courage to go out and speak to him. I needed to know what was on his mind. Was he feeling the same way I was? Or was he thinking about his friends in Kanto?

The floor was cold beneath my feet and it tickled my toes. I crept as stealthily as I could to the sliding door, careful not to wake sleeping Clemont and Bonnie. With a strong jerk the glass door swiftly slid open.

Ash immediately shot up, his features alarmed. When he realized it was just me he relaxed. His shoulders dropped and his fists loosened. Then he slouched back down on the porch step, barely noticing me. Usually this would start a small ache but I was used to his self-centeredness by now. Plus, I was probably too shaken up to feel anything at that point.

Instead of letting it bother me, I sat down next to him. Ash neither turned to look at me nor blink. His face was fixed on the moon and his mind entranced with his thoughts. Looking at him then, he was unusually pale and seemed almost like a shell of a being. It worried me that he looked this way. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I couldn't tell if he was hurt. And Ash normally showed almost all his emotions on his face as clear as day.