Chapter 8- To Fear A Painted Flame

^swipe for song^

The picture above is of Bella. Again, please no hate on my drawings. It takes a lot of courage to put them out in the open so thank you!
________________________________________________________

 It takes a lot of courage to put them out in the open so thank you!________________________________________________________

Beams of sunlight poured through the gaps in the canopy of the Kalos forest. The wilderness was alive with noises but at the same time it was peaceful. Eevee played with thin air around my legs as I squinted at a large paper map in my hands. No matter how many times I turned it, I still was slightly clueless about our direction.

"I think there's a town we can stay at if we travel west a little." I concluded. No one answered me. I huffed as I closed the map. Aron was packing up the last of our supplys while his twin parked uselessly on a log.

"Leon, you're so lazy. You have to do your part if you're coming with us on this journey."

He didn't look up. His head hung in his hands as he sulked to himself.

"I miss Sylveon." Leon mumbled just loud enough for me to hear. I sighed. I knew how much Leon loved Serena's Sylveon. He became obsessed with it ever since he laid eyes on it. My brother begged Serena to let him train with Sylveon and so when she agreed, he spent hours with it. After that, it wasn't just Sylveon, he became obsessed with all fairy type Pokemon.

"Aww, come on softy. We can get you a Sylveon, but right now you have to help us." I teased.

"I'm not a softy!" He protested.

"You are too!"

"I am not!"

"I don't care what you say, it doesn't take away from the fact that you're a softy."

"I don't care what you say. So what if I'm a softy. All the ladies love that." He winked at me. My brothers had become professionals at turning an argument around. I scoffed. Aron heard the yelling and approached us. He walked straight up to his twin and grabbed him by he ear, pulling Leon out of his seat with ease.

"Ow, ow, ow." The smaller brother cried as he looked up at Aron.

"Come on you dimwit, help me pack up." The big brother growled. I began laughing at the pair.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming." Leon begged and Aron abruptly let go. We were about to resume what we were doing when a rustling sound came from the bushes. Everyone paused. There was silence as we all eyed the bush it came from. There were more strange noises. Then all of a sudden a Pokemon hopped out.

The creature was smaller than knee height and was striped blue and yellow. It had a long, pointed nose and its eyes were closed. The most striking feature was the burst of flames that protruded from its back.

My brothers and I gasped as we drank in the sight before us. The Pokemon looked at all three of us carefully but didn't seem to be bothered by our presence. Instead it began sticking its long nose in the ground and scourged for something. Aron took out his Pokedex from his pocket and held it up to the creature.

"Cyndaquil, the fire mouse Pokemon. Cyndaquil has a timid nature. If it is startled, the flames on its back burn more vigorously." The device spoke. I started at it in amazement.

"What's a Cyndaquil doing here?" Leon wondered out loud.

"Woah. I want it." Aron said as his eyes lit up with stars.

"Well, go ahead. Knock yourself out." I told him. We were on a journey to catch Pokemon after all. Aron reached for his Pokeball then released Chespin.

"Alright Chespin, use energy ball on Cyndaquil!"

____________________________________________________________

Its a really short chapter, I know, but I've been meaning to make my chapters shorter. I also wanted to let you know that updates might become slower soon because I'm coming up to important exams. Also I'm a swimmer and we are training non stop now. I'll try write when I have time so hopefully I can get some stuff done for you guys!