Chapter 20- Playing Cupid

A few people asked me for Ash's POV for this chapter and I thought, why not? It was originally meant to be Elaina's POV but Ash was perfectly fine too. In fact, probably better. Anyways, hope you enjoy!
_______________________________________________________

 Anyways, hope you enjoy!_______________________________________________________

"Alright, we're here. Laverre City!" Elaina exclaimed as she drank in the city before us. We had made it here just before nightfall so the buildings were illuminated by the color of dusk.

Memories of my previous visit to Laverre City flooded my head. I won my sixth gym badge here, against the gym leader, Valerie.

The group walked over a wooden bridge that crossed a flowing stream. The sound of running water filled my ears. I loved that sound. It reminded me of home back in Kanto and camp with professor Oak. And that reminded me of Serena.

I looked over at the honey blonde girl I had traveled with for so long. Like I was drawn to the sound of water, I was drawn to her. I'm not sure what made her so compelling. Maybe it was her large cerulean eyes that held an undeniable passion. Or possibly her generous and caring personality. All I knew was that I found myself following her everywhere she went. It was often mindlessly, like second nature.

Serena chatted to Elaina, a pearly smile gracing her lips. I found myself staring. Her short honey blonde hair drifted in the wind. And I couldn't understand why I kept wondering about her. Somehow, all trains of thoughts lead back to her. And I couldn't figure it out.

Why? Why was she always on my mind? Why did I even care?

I growled in frustration under my breath and watched the water roll off various rocks. The last of the Suns light left coral colored sparkles across its surface. A blissful image. And then my mind wondered back to Serena. I remembered how she yelled at me in the cave yesterday. I hated every second of it.

I blamed it all on 'him'. I didn't even know who he was but he was screwing with my head. How could Serena like someone and not tell me? I thought we were close. Maybe I overestimated that. But the fact that she couldn't tell me wasn't my biggest problem. It was 'him'. He was my problem. He left a sour taste in my mouth and a bitter feeling in my gut. It was a horrible emotion but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I didn't even know him, how could I hate him? Wasn't that something that Serena told Elaina when she met Bella? And didn't I agree? Maybe I understood how Elaina felt. I should really talk to her. She could probably help me with my dilemma.

Before I knew it, we were standing in front of the Pokemon center. It was where we were supposed to stay the night. The moon was now emerging from the horizon, indicating nightfall. Street lamps flickered on, illuminating the shadowed streets.

"I'm starving. Can we eat diner now?" Aron pouted as he rubbed his stomach. Everyone agreed, except myself. I just wasn't hungry at the moment. Instead, I was engrossed with strange and foreign feelings. It made me lose my appetite.