Chapter 43- A Queen's Tale

I learned how to survive pretty well

I learned how to survive pretty well. I learned to carry many things on my shoulders. My feelings surrounding Ash, being one of them.

I'd taught myself not to cry, not to wish or hope. I taught myself to turn a blind eye at things that reminded me of him. I taught myself to focus solely on my goal.

Hoenn was everything I imagined it to be. A homely place of greens and ridges, sierras and prairies and hooded forests. Pokemon Contests took some time for me to explore, especially the battling round. Certain quirks in contests that were different from performances sometimes threw me off balance. Regardless, I pursued.

Within a few months, I became fixated. It could almost be deemed obsessional. All I could think about was gaining experience and smiles. The crowds would roar and I became entranced. So many people smiled at contests, probably due to a mixture of the hair-raising yet angelic atmosphere which enveloped every stadium. It was the rush, the highs of adrenaline that blossomed from the count down of a clock. But it was a healthy exhilaration and the smiles were lighthearted.

I didn't catch many Pokemon in Hoenn, mainly because I was so infatuated with my contests and achieving higher goals. Besides, acquiring more Pokemon would oblige a significant amount of maintenance, feeding, training and care that I simply couldn't endure at that time. I was traveling alone, after all. To amass a full team of six was still one of the many things I wanted to achieve, nevertheless. Later, I told myself, there is still time for that.

However, there was one Pokemon that managed to wriggle under my skin farther than I anticipated. My kindhearted and amiable charisma took over quickly and I couldn't help myself. So, inescapably, I caught it and a new friend was added to my team. I trained him and taught him to perform, despite his natural abilities. To say the least, this addition was a crowning match.

During my journey, I'd even spent a few weeks in Johto, where many young and talented coordinators were gathering for a clinic. It was hosted by previous Top Coordinators in order to give tips and strategies to the next generation. I was lucky enough to be invited. Many things that were taught directly correlated to my performances back in Kalos.

Nearing the end of my journey I came to a cognizance, that I hadn't bettered myself in every aspect I wanted. Yes, I had gained much knowledge of performing and entertainment, but I wanted to be more than just that as a queen.

Pokemon Performing.

Consists of two things. Performing, which I had already addressed. And Pokemon.

So, at this elucidation, I headed straight to Nurse Joy at the Petalburge City Pokemon Center. I applied for an assistant job (well, I say applied, but really mean begged to help her with intensions of gaining experience). I had come to this decision remembering the injury I had acquired durring my first Master Class. That could be one of my Pokemon any day. Resultantly, for the next 8 weeks, I followed Nurse Joy around, helping her care for the sick and injured. All while learning a great deal about Pokemon medics and ethics.

I spent a good nine months collecting ribbons and appointing smiles. It was gratifying and I do not regret a single second of it. But one day, the calling of home began to dawn upon me. I took a night to reminiscence about home, my performances, my mother, Clemont and Bonnie. And I knew, it was time to go back.

So I did. I booked my flights, called up Elaina and headed back to Kalos. However, even once back under the vast Kalos sky, we knew our journeys weren't done. Elaina headed off towards Santalune City for her first gym badge and I, to Shalour City for the next master class performance. From then on, Elaina voted for me online and watched whenever her training schedule allowed.

Aria was still Queen when I arrived. Not only had I gained much valuable experience, so had she. The shock off having her crown tossed away by me a mere year ago had propelled her into a state of cutthroat progression and self-betterment. She remained a tenacious rival, but still, not unbeatable.

To say the least, I did manage to attain my goal. Only a sheer two months subsequent from my eighteenth birthday.

I knew I'd be spending much of my time traveling around Kalos, but for that, I had a helicopter to significantly decrease travel time. Which meant, I could still 'live' in one place. Surprisingly, being Kalos Queen payed generously, so, I brought a very exquisite apartment in the heart of Lumiose City.

It was perfect, snuggled on a penthouse level, 53 stories high with an enthralling view of Prism Tower. Stylized, geometric windows and marble squared flooring. Ceramic littered vases and saffron scented faux flowers. High ceilings crowned with an ellipsis skylight which rained sunbeams onto the fully dressed living room of satin couches and mahogany coffee tables. Even the kitchen was spruced with a royal mosque backsplash and dark wood island. All the glamour was unnecessary, but still, nice. I'd made sure to request two bed rooms, which was crucial, considering that Elaina moved in once she had beaten every gym leader in Kalos.

Life, was seemingly pleasant. I had everything figured out. Everything was falling into place.

Until a raven haired boy made an appearance, and fractured my virtue into the jagged fragments he left it in, when he departed three years ago.

____________________________________________________

Don't worry Ash's POV is coming soon!!