Epilogue

Six years later

Six years later...

Staring into the full-length antique mirror that morning was like staring straight into a looking glass and witnessing some fairy tale. To see that girl reflected in the unmarred surface, her makeup immaculate and honey hair curled into a ravishing updo of braids and white little blossoms.

To see the blinding dress I don. Sweetheart neckline that was emblazoned with patterned jewels and swooping open back. A skirt made of lightweight batiste, sheer and wispy, decked with a layer of blanched moire. Pleats of lustrous silk-like textiles that would sway with my body in symphonies. And the shoes too, hidden beneath the hem of such wedding dress, were dazzled with silvery beads and rocketing heels. I wondered if I'd manage to get down the isle without tripping over my own feet.

Everything seemed surreal in the light of late morning, pouring through the hotel window, curtains drawn open. My entire frame was washed in a bright sunny haze, highlighting each aspect of my face.

"Serena!" A voice called from the hotel room doorway, one I knew all too well. I glanced over my bare shoulder to see Elaina, standing in complete bewilderment. As if the sight disorientated her senses. "You look stunning!"

The golden haired girl skipped up to me, well, as much of a skip her long coral bridesmaid dress would allow. Her hair was braided into a whimsical style, leaving stray locks to drifted into her face. I'd never seen her with a full face of makeup before and she was skeptical at first. Elaina hadn't any idea that makeup existed until a few years ago.

"You're looking quite beautiful yourself." I complimented and I noticed her cheeks flush a rosy color for a brief second. Elaina blushing was a rare sight.

"T-thank you. But look at you! Oh my Serena, I thought I'd seen you look like a princess all too many times before, in all too many dresses. However, this right here...wow. That's all I can say. White is really your color." She beamed, stroking the gleaming fabric with her amiable palms. A glassy film had glossed over her teal orbs, indicating she was on the verge of tears. I took her face in my hands, careful not to mar the painted artistry.

"No crying at my wedding, especially not from you." I told her and she giggled an airy note, plump cheeks filling my palms.

"They're tears of joy. But still, you're meant to be the emotional one here. You're getting married, Serena! How are you so calm?!" My Maid of Honor fussed.

"Whenever I start to get nervous, I remember who I'm marrying and then, all my worries wash away." I replied, truthfully, at that.

"You see, that's the reason why I'm so nervous for you. It's the man you're about to marry." Elaina countered, though I could see the malicious joke behind her stern eyes as she ripped her face from my palms.

"You and your squabbles." I shook my head at the gold haired girl as she fixed her ankle-length dress. "Oh and Gary did manage to make his plane from Alola. He should be arriving within the hour, so please, no ruining the whole reception with one of your over-the-top arguments."