Chapter 6- Candecent Moons

"So you want to be Kalos queen, Serena?" Asked Leon as he crunched down on a breadstick

We were all crowded around a table at a magnificent all-you-can-eat buffet. The lights were slightly dimmed, shadowing everyone's face a little. Leon had mostly just eaten the breadsticks as he claimed they were 'heaven on earth' and Ash had surprised the new trio with his unusual eating habits.

"Well yes. I love performing. It's what I want to do for the rest of my life. Becoming Kalos queen seems like the perfect place to start." I explained while taking a bite of a delicious fudge cupcake. It melted in my mouth as I suppressed a moan. I could still make it better I thought to myself.

"Mmm...those éclairs were delicious." Elaina leaned back in her chair, showing her finished plate as she began wiping the excess chocolate from around her mouth. Ash nodded then licked his lips eagerly.

"I agree, I could eat them all day." He finished off the last one on his plate.

"You know, there's only one éclair left." Bonnie said in a menacing tone. Her eyes flashed with amusement.

Immediately both Ash and Elaina perked up. They made eye contact from opposite sides of the table. There was a competitive look on both their faces as they stared each other off. Abruptly, Elaina got up from her seat and dashed towards the food. Ash quickly copied and raced after the blond girl.

"Wait. I want that éclair!" I heard my crush's faded yell as both teens sprinted through the restaurant. They were bound to make a scene.

The rest of us exchanged looks before laughing slightly. Bonnie seemed awfully smug and Aron held his head in his hands.

"Elaina is obsessed with deserts. She loves them." Aron explained the reason for his sisters behavior. "She eats like a normal person with normal food but when it comes to deserts...she eats like Ash."

"That shouldn't be a problem. I love to bake, I can make her all types of deserts." I told Aron.

"Then you two will be best friends in no time." Leon took another breadstick as he shared. I smiled to myself.

"What's her favorite desert?" I asked the two boys.

"Anything you put in front of her. As long as it has sugar, it's her favorite."

"Good to know." I giggled.

All of a sudden the duo of food lovers burst back into the room. Ash looked extremely accomplished as he licked pastry cream off his fingers. On the other hand, Elaina was left pouting as she ungracefully slouched back in her chair.

"I think that was the best eclair I've had all day." Ash said just to rub it in.

"I can't believe I loss to Ash Ketchum twice in one day." Elaina moaned as she eyed her empty plate disappointedly. Ash laughed at her but she just glared back.