Chapter 45- Three Bright Paths

So now I have a rant book if anyone is interested. Probably not but I thought I'd just put that out there. Just a warning, once Tuesday arrives, I will have to be deleting the Wattpad app cause I'm attending a big swim meet in Florida and I can't be distracted. Don't worry, I'll be back hopefully by this Sunday but I'll be totally offline at that point. So, goodbye for now!

I drew the whistle to my lips and let a high pitch note ring down the narrow dirt trail

I drew the whistle to my lips and let a high pitch note ring down the narrow dirt trail. Flanking birch trees and wild flower bushes let their leafy tendrils cascade onto the sandy path. Lianas slithered up buttress roots in intricate patters of sweeping crossroads and ribbons. The morning was young and the forest was ardent.

"Rampardos, keep up!" I yelled at the team member that had started to drift behind. Leaving the rock type for any longer than five minuets without a kick of motivation or scolding resulted in immediate slug of pace. To keep him in high spirits, I blew the whistle again, this time, with more fortitude.

I had obtained Rampardos in Sinnoh as a young Cranidos. He was the first Pokemon I caught in the wild and believe me, it was a very messy task. But it worked, as we shared a similar anger, akin lit fuses. He was my sheer force on the field, earthquakes pulsing from beneath his clawed feet.

"Plusle! What did I tell you about sprinting the fist half of training?!" I bellowed down the trail to which another team member was being overly enthusiastic. The small electric type perked an ear, acknowledging my question and answering with the sound of dainty feet skidding across arenaceous. Beside me, a few squeaky hiccups tore through the air.

"And Minun, what did I tell you about laughing at your brother?!" I chided the twin Pokemon who skipped along by my feet. My team and I were in the middle of a long morning jog, in which I deemed aerobic endurance training. Keeping the six of them in tack was always a struggle.

Plusle and Minun had been a gift from Serena after we returned to Kalos from our journeys. She had caught them in Hoenn saying that they reminded her of my twin brothers, Aron and Leon. Knowing how much I clandestinely missed them, Serena gave the pair to me as a belated 17th birthday present. I've never competed in a double battle with any other duo since.

"Liepard! No dark-pulse in the forest unless I tell you!" I seethed at the feline Pokemon who was just about to lose her temper in a fit of exploding mauves and lilacs. She snapped her jaw shut, concealing the gleaming canine fangs and continuing to trot on with her nose turned skywards.

Liepard was the second Pokemon I acquired in the Sinnoh region. She was cunning, slick and devious. All her movements were acute and tactical, structuring a necessity in battle. However, she wasn't so straightforward to catch. As a small Purlion, she was shrewd and fraudulent, teasing me with sly looks. I followed Purlion for three days before finally catching her.

"Oh Espeon, what am I going to do with all of you?" I sighed, glancing at my neon partner who strode tidily by my right.

"Es, Epse!" She exclaimed, nodding her elliptical head towards the final member of my team who was scampering into the bushes, obviously amused by a more charming interest. His nose thorn deep in a flowering quince, the pup scavenged amongst the dirt and leaves on a search.