Chapter 7- Seeking Rivals

Hey guys. I really hope you like this chapter. I had a lot of fun writing it.
________________________________________________________

"Eevee are you ready?" Ash shouted at my Pokemon from the opposite end of the battle arena

"Eev, Eevee!" She exclaimed back as she readied her stance. My eyes narrowed as Ash closed his fist.

"Briaxen are you ready?" The raven haired boy shouted at Serena's Pokemon. It would be an understatement to say I adored Briaxen. If I hadn't met Eevee, I would have taken Fenniken from professor Sycamore. It was amazing to see its evolved form.

"Braix!" It yelled in response, grasping its stick and setting the tip aflame.

It had been a week since I won the beginners league and met Serena, Ash, Clemont and Bonnie. Since I had done countess hours of training with Ash on tactics, he agreed to train with me on speed.

The second I left my house in the woods I came up with a motto to to follow while battling. That way I could never get lost.

Dodging is the most important part of a battle. As long as I'm the fastest on the field, it doesn't matter who I'm up against. If they can't touch me, I can't lose.

Words to live by, I tell you.

All of Ash's Pokemon were really fast so it seemed like a no brainier to ask him for tips. Then of course I invited Serena to join us and she happily accepted.

"Talonflame, use flame charge!" Ash ordered and the large bird set alight as it swooped through the air. Orange flames crackled around it and it soared straight towards us. The sheer speed of the Pokemon was a sight to remember. Talonflame was going to help improve Eevee's speed and dodging skills.

"Alright Eevee. I know you can do this. Dodge it!" I yelled as the fire bird swooped towards the fox Pokemon. Eevee pranced into the air and just cleared the hurdle. Next, Talonflame swiftly changed direction and headed towards Briaxen. Serena's Pokemon cartwheeled over the bird and landed lightly on its feet.

"Great job Braixen!" Serena shouted in her sweet, velvet voice.

The second I saw Serena I could tell she was one of the kindest and sweetest people on earth. Her lips were always pulled in a smile and her hands were gentile with everything she touched. When we made eye contact during the my finals of the beginners league, she seemed to interest me more than anyone els. At the time, her eyes were narrowed and I could feel her heavy stare, but still, there was something about her. I didn't know what.

The first thing I noticed was how naturally pretty she was. Her honey blonde hair was cropped short and it cupped her face perfectly. Her skin was flawless and her cerulean eyes sparkled with the dancing sunlight. All features were sharp and I had to admit she had a great fashion sense.