Make Up For Lost Time

Light Explicit Content

                               🍸 Bruno 🍸

                   🍸 Bruno 🍸

Keyona smiled as the doorman welcomed her in to massive home. She allowed him to take her coat and stepped further into the foyer. Small groups of people conversed and mingled, allowing the servers to waltz through them with ease. Her eyes caught sight of the decor and she was in love. Everything flowed together so well.

"Thank you." She smiled at the female server, accepting a glass of champagne from her tray. Slowly moving though the moguls and entertainers, she took root by the table of food. The shrimp called to her and she found herself humming at the amazing taste. Who's house was this again?

"Bruno?" She caught his name in the conversation of two men passing by. Chuckling to herself, she mentally denied the thought. That was until she caught sight of some photos on a nearby wall. And of course he was in all of them, along with a few people other faces you'd seen as you walked through moments ago.

Then she felt it. That familiar tingle when someone has their eyes on you. She turned to find its source, looking up to the second floor. Even though his shades hid his eyes, Keyona knew he was staring at her. He sipped from his strawberry champagne, ignoring the people dancing around him. She knew by how he stood, just who he was. Bruno.

"I knew I should've stayed my ass at home.." Her words were a mumble as she turned around to the bar. The mere thought of him made her stomach tingle and a chill go down her spine. "I'm your best friend Keyona. Trust me, you'll have a good time. Maybe find someone new." She mocked the words of her friend, Adrian. She rolled her eyes at the thought.

Adrian of all people knew that Keyona was independent and looked for no man to make her financially stable. She could do that herself. She has. She, herself, made a multi million dollar business from the ground up. Deep Root Cosmetics was her baby, that she raised all on her own with $5,000 dollars and a plan. It took seven years to expand her business and partner with other national companies. Along the way, she'd met him at a few parties. Might have even mixed a little business with pleasure.

Definitely needed a drink. Walking to the bar, she smiled as she ordered a shot. She took it in her manicured hand and threw it back, hissing at the strong taste. Her phone buzzed against the bar top and she opened the message. "Come upstairs. I want you to meet someone.." Adrian probably was trying to ply match maker. Grabbing her clutch, she took a deep breath and walked to the staircase. Two women passed by her she made her way to the second floor.

Moving closer to him. A tinge of nerves formed butterflies in her stomach, making her roll her eyes. She pushed aside the thought as her heels met the top stair. Adrian lit up once she seen her, hurrying over to her best friend with a smile. "Finallyyy. Colin and I want you to meet someone... He fine as hell." Definitely playing match maker.