Like A Knot

😍 Daniel 😍

           😍 Daniel 😍

"What in the hell is wrong with you, Daniel?"

Zya walked past him before he closed the door behind him. She was furious. He had been blowing her phone up all morning, text messages and calls. She was sure that her dad was curious about her phone's constant buzzing, especially when she began to silence the ringing.

"Damn. I can't get a hey, baby?.." His strong arms wrapped around her waist, playfully. She rolled her eyes as he pressed an innocent kiss to her neck. A tingle was left behind but she ignored it. That wasn't why she was here.

"No you can't. Not when you forgetting the agreement. You don't call me, I call you. And don't be doing random drop-bys when I get upset with you. My dad cannot know about this." She motioned between the two of them, folding her arms across her chest.

She couldn't believe that she had gotten herself into this. Daniel was close to 34, although he had the body and energy of a guy her age. He had been her father's right hand man as of three years ago, but if her dad found out about them, he'd use more than his right hand to beat Daniel's ass.

"Actually, you aren't ready to tell him. You're grown, Zya. We don't have to hide us. It's been a whole year and a half of us sneaking around." Daniel followed her to the kitchen. Personally, he didn't see the big deal.

Zya was a woman he loved and wanted to marry, if possible. She poured herself a glass of wine, taking it to the head. He looked over her, taking in the outfit that complimented her figure. He loved her in yellow. His fingers played with his hairs of his beard as he watched her.

"I know how long it's been, D.." She sighed at the fact, allowing her defensive stance to fade. He watched her as she sat her purse and phone onto the kitchen's island. "I just don't know how he'll react. I'm just over thinking it, I know.. Maybe we should wait a little while longer.."

"Wait for what, Zy? I'm financially set, and this house is big enough for you. If you want to move in. It's all on you now.."

Zya knew he was right. Daniel owned his own clothing company, among other strong connections. He could retire now if he wanted and be set for the rest of his life. With only a year left of grad school with her, life was moving along nicely for the both of them. She looked at him as he stepped to her. Her face expressed sadness before she spoke.

"But what if I'm now sure about us?.. You're an amazing guy, but what if it's too good to be true.." The words were more towards herself. She definitely had her doubts, knowing she could be hurt.

Daniel could have any woman he wanted, but he wanted her. She knew that their chemistry was there, along with the communication. The thought of her just being a toy for him always crossed her mind. Most likely from past heartbreak, but that didn't make her feelings any less valid.

Daniel's heart sank as the words left her mouth. He couldn't see why she'd think they weren't good together. His mind was set on her being his wife one day, and that wouldn't change any time soon. They'd even talk about it not too long ago. Zya was someone he was serious about, he felt it.

"You don't think I love you, Zya? You're the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. Whenever you cross my mind, I find myself smiling. The smallest things remind me of you.. I've started pushing myself to be better for you." He confessed.

She could see the truth in his eyes, hear it in his voice. Her words had struck a heart string with him. She did love Daniel, as much as she tried to hide it. He lifted her chin from looking away from him.

"I not trying to make you cry, baby." Daniel held her face in his palm, brushing away the few stray tears she shed with a thumb. He knew she hated crying in front of anyone, rather wanting to bottling her emotions than express them. Over time, she's become more open with him which he was thankful for.  "I just want you to know how special you are to me."

She nodded, chuckling at how silly she felt for crying in front of him. Though she wasn't uncomfortable in the moment, it was so easy for her emotions to flow around him. It was evident how much he cared for her. "I feel so dumb. Crying like this for no reason." She dabbed her eyes, with the help of him with a paper towel.

He shook his head at that, speaking softly. "You should never feel embarrassed for venting your emotions to me. That's what I'm here for, baby. To support you, whether emotionally or physically." She melted in his hug, allowing him to rock them gently side to side. Taking in his cologne. " And it was wrong of me to try and make you tell yourself dad about us before you're ready. I apologize for that. Just tell me when your ready and I'll support it."

He pressed a kiss to her forehead as she rested her head against his chest. Neither caring about the possibility of his shirt becoming a mess. She didn't know what she did to this man. He was wrapped around her finger, tight like a knot.