Tryna Kick It?

😍 Coly 😍

            😍 Coly 😍

"Man, I'm tryna kick it wit ya.."
~Beyoncé "7/11"

"Girl, whatever. Don ain't shit. He been tryna fuck me since high school, but he mad that I curved that ass. He'll be aight." Daya held the door for her friend, letting Ashley was in before her. The cashier gave wave, greeting them before he went back to stocking the cigarettes. Both of the women, just getting off from work, still wore their scrubs and sneakers.

"You need to stop playing with him.." Ashley chuckled, looking over the candy in from of them. Her hands hovered over starburst as she spoke. "You know he emotional as hell. Gone be on Snapchat pouting and lip syncing sad songs again."

Both the women laughed, stopping at the vast choice of chips on the next aisle. Putting her hair into a ponytail, Daya glanced up at the sound of the door chiming. "Girl, fuck him. He should act right." She could only see their hair over the shelves, but didn't care to look for a face to match. Looking back to the snacks, she heard the cashier speak to them. "Wassup, Coly. Troy. Y'all good?"

Daya tuned them out after that, focused on what she came for. Her tastebuds were set on Takis, a Rice Krispie, a grape Gatorade, and maybe another bag of Takis. Grabbing her second bag of Takis, she watched Ashley walk to the next aisle. "Imma be at the register when you're done."

Ashley nodded and Daya turned to head to the check out. She bumped into someone, hearing her snacks fall to the ground. Except her gatorade, thankfully. "Sorry. I didn't see you." She apologized, looking up to met the person she'd ran into. He shook his head as they both squatted to pick up the scattered snacks.

"Nah, don't apologize. It was my fault.." He bent down at the same time she squatted. "My clumsy ass know better than to have my face in my phone while I'm walking around anyway." They stood up in sync as he gave her a smile. Daya returned the smile, chuckling at what he'd said.

"Thanks.." Her words trailed off, leaving him the chance to give his name.

"Lucas, but everyone called me Coly." He held out a hand, awaiting the moment she shook his back. The fluorescent lights caught a hint of gold in his mouth and her heart fluttered. That gave him a few more points in her book. She stared at him in a daze, but only for a moment when she realized he was talking to her.

"My bad. What did you say again?" Her smile widened as she seen him chuckle. He licked his lips, asking her for her name. "I'm Dayana." She cleared her throat, looking down to her arm full of snacks when he nodded.

"I'm tweakin'. Lemme help you with those." He took the snacks from her, following her to the register. Making small talk as they waited behind two other people. He liked the sound of her voice, and found himself grinning at her laugh.

Once they'd made it to the counter, Coly insisted that he'd pay for her. Despite her few attempts to say it was fine, which he responded that it was a way for him to apologize for bumping into her minutes before. She'd scooped up the plastic bag, and they both left the store.

He'd walked her to her car, and she sat the snacks in the back before the closing the door behind her. She leaned against the car, looking up at Coly. "So what you about to get into?" He  slid his hands into his pockets, watching her smirk.

"Wouldn't you like to know.." She teased with a raised brow. He laughed at that, holding a hand to his heart to fake hurt. She grinned, folding her arms. "Honestly, not much. I just got off and my first mission is to shower then relax. You?"

"I mean, bout the same as you. I'll probably pick up something to eat and take it to the crib..But I wouldn't mind being on the phone with you?" He smiled, innocently. Daya laughed at the way he slid that last part in. "..I mean.. if you tryna kick it?"

She held out her hand for his phone, failing at dimming her grin. It was about time. She thought he'd never ask.