Talents

😍 Aaron 😍

😍 Aaron 😍

"Tell em you're my girl, and anything you want is yours.."
~The Internet (feat. KAYTRANADA)
"Girl"

Her body danced gracefully as she swayed her hips. Her hands rubbed down her sides as she was engulfed by the sultry sounds of the soothing music. Smiling, she ran her hands through her hair.

The energetic woman ignored the stares from a few around her. They all danced with their plus one, chatting among themselves below the music. Her, on the other hand, was having the time of her life all alone.

Aaron sat across the room, watching her dance under the blue lights. Her skin glowed with happiness. She held a certain aura around her, making her stand out to him.

Most seen him as a loner, not with its usual connotation, but he just kept to himself. His work and his focus kept him humble and balanced. Hesitant yet determined, he made a choice.

He stood, adjusting his suit. Maneuvering through the crowd, he slowly was getting to her. She smiled brightly, singing the song that comfortably overpowered their hearing.

"May I join you?" His smooth voice caught her attention once he got close enough. She turned to him, smiling. Her plum colored lips turned up into a smirk. Taking his hand, she continued to dance as a silent agreement.

He raised an eyebrow as she wrapped his arms around her waist. Her back pressed against his chest as he smiled. She smelled like shea butter, a smell that brought back good childhood memories.

"I've been waiting for you to come over. You've been watching me for the longest.." She giggled, stopping to look at him. He gave a nervous chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck. Conversation usually came easy, but now he couldn't find words.

"I'm Lylac Meadows.." She initiated the conversation. "..CEO of Revive Beauty. I believe you're Aaron.. right?" She held his hand tight as they disappeared to the garden outside. Aaron sat beside her on a wooden bench. He watched her cross her legs and lean forward.

"Yeah. Aaron Boseman. I didn't think you would've heard of me?" He smiled, genuinely surprised. Her eyes lit up at his smile as she shrugged. She sometimes swooned over the man when he came across her social media. He was very appealing.

"I might've done my research on you once, read some of your interviews, and seen you at an event or two.." That was a mild confession. "You're quite interesting Mr. Boseman.." She complimented. Her nails toyed with the designs on the bench as she broke eye contact for the first time that night. A sudden wave of nerves washed over her.

"How so, Ms. Meadows? I don't find myself too amusing." He gave a small grin, taking in her side profile. Her dark eyes looked up to meet his.

"You're handsome, humble, determined, focused.. Did I mention handsome?" Her fingers lightly grazed his beard as she chuckled. She admired his dark skin and brown eyes.

"You might have mentioned it." He joked, making them share a laugh. Aaron smiled bigger, his hand took hers as he kissed the back of it it. Soft music sounded from the building, catching their attention. "May I have this dance?"

He stood, holding out his hand. Taking advantage of the private dance floor between them. Lylac nodded, smiling wide. The train of her dress dragged along behind her as she followed him to the middle of the garden. Sounds of the soft instrumental played, the words from the artist sounded distant.

Aaron pulled her close, resting his hand on her lower back. She interlocked their hands as she looked up to him. The scene was almost as serene as that of a Disney scene. With light movements and intense focus on each other, the two seemed to connect almost instantly.

"I never took you as a dancer, Mr. Boseman. I'm surprised.." She swayed gently as she followed his lead. Her smile never dimmed as she heard him chuckle. He dipped her back before bringing her up. She gasped, shocked by his skills.

"Well, Ms. Meadows. I am a man of many talents.. I just need the right woman to bring them out."

"Is that so?" She stepped away before spinning back into his arms. Her breath hitched as he chuckled against her skin. His soft lips resting behind her earlobe. The warmth that radiated on his body comforted her. She relaxed as he kissed her behind her ear.

"Tomorrow night, I'll cook us a nice home cooked meal. We can enjoy a nice bottle of wine. And at the end of the night, I can show you just how many talents I have.."