Second Chances

🙈 Dave 🙈

                                 🙈 Dave 🙈

Someone told me that if it's meant to be she'll wake up one day and she'll forgive me
~ Tory Lanez "Walked Out"

"I don't know what to do.."

Dave sighed heavily, smoothing a hand over his face. He checked his phone once again, just like he'd been doing repeatedly for the past couple of weeks. All he needed was to hear her soft voice, and a smart remark or two. With all the voicemails he left her, she had to know he missed her.

"You did this to yourself, D. I mean, you told her that you were gonna do you, whether she was on board or not, knowing damn well she wouldn't be... What you expect? Submission?" His brother, Ryan, laid back against the leather couch giving him a look. He knew Dave loved that girl to death. Never had he seen his younger brother so deep in love, as much as Dave tried to hide it from himself.

"I know, man. It was a dumb move and I was mad. I just.. didn't expect her to actually leave me." The frustrated male lit up his second blunt of the day. He only resorted to smoking when he had a lot on his mind, which wasn't too often.

Looking to the ceiling, he watched the fan as it slowly spun. The cool air that cascaded over him eased his mind as he took pulls from the joint. The image of her was instilled in his memory. Her brown skin, love handles, and round cheeks were his engraved in his mind.

The way she'd roll her eyes when she was annoyed with and the smile she displayed when he called her princess made his heart jump. That woman was truly who he'd pictured the rest of his life with. Now, it looked as though those plans were cancelled and it was all his fault.

"She's actually changing me, bro. We had our shit together and all that." He groaned, rubbing his eyes. "..I just had to fuck around and piss her off. Me and my big ass mouth."

"Maybe you should try calling her again. It's worth a try.. Especially you been over there moping around like a sad ass puppy since she left your ass." Ryan suggested,  dodging the pillow Dave threw at him with a chuckle.

Dave looked at the phone and thought on it. What's the worse that could happen? She could block me and change her number. He sighed as he held the device in his hand. This situation was his fault and he needed to fix it. Pressing the call option on her contact, he put the phone to his ear.

"Here goes nothing..."

He prayed that the lord would shed his grace on him. All the thoughts of things going wrong crossed his mind. It seemed like she wasn't going to answer. The phone rang seven times before someone answered. Dave let out a breath of relief. He smiled at her voice.

"Dave..."

Maybe he had a chance after all...