Your Time

😘 Link 😘

               😘 Link 😘

"We gon' take our time, make sure everything's alright.."
~Jacquees "Won't Waste Your Time"

"I️ don't know what you see in that dude? I️ heard he's trouble."

Ruby tuned out her cousin as she kept her eyes on the car parking across the street. Her straightened hair blew gently in her face from the wind. She'd only taken her eyes off him for a second to place her hair behind her ear and he'd managed to disappear into the house.

Lincoln Price, better known as Link. Six feet, three inches tall with chocolate skin and a velvety voice that could make any female soak themselves. A nice ass set of teeth, accompanied by his gold slug. The same man that was said to have taken out a couple people over things from owed debt to looking at him wrong, and getting away with it without a trace. Many feared him, others wanted to be him. But Ruby saw past all that, it was something about him.

"He doesn't seem so bad, Sky. You've never even talked to him before to see. How do I️ know if all that is true?"

Ruby had been away at school most of the time these events occurred. It was always best to get answers from the source before she accused, in her opinion. She glanced over to her cousin, leaning against the stair railing.

Sky shrugged and folded her arms across her chest. Her lips were fixed to say something until the screen door across the street caught their attention. Link came out with his grandma behind him, holding her bag of garden tools.

"Suit yourself. As much as you talk about him, maybe you should just go say hi.."

Sky scoffed, crossing her legs as she sat on the stairs. Of course she was being sarcastic, but Ruby didn't see it that way. It was a thought that actually crossed her mind. Smiling, she started down the steps.

"I'll be back then.."

"Ruby, get back here... Shit."

Ruby soon heard footsteps following her as she crossed the street. Sky huffed as they approached the two story house. Mrs. Price looked up at the two with a smile, her gold tooth shining as the sun hit it.

"Well hey there my beauties. How are y'all?"

Ruby gave a genuine smile. Her hand sunk into her sweatpants pockets. The Mississippi weather was always iffy. This particular day was a warm one yet it was the so close to winter approaching.