Never Dat

💦 Armon 💦

          💦 Armon 💦

"Do me a favor?"

That soft voice came through the phone speakers, drowning out the sounds happening behind him. Armon could hear Channelle's smile as she waited for his response. He beamed a smile of his own, swooning over her even if he couldn't see her.

"Anything, baby girl.." He played with the basketball in his left hand as he dribbled it. His boys stood on the court, groaning in annoyance. They knew he was wrapped around her finger. It'd been proven so many times, they'd finally stopped their teasing.

"Yo, pass the ball if you ain't shooting it!" His cousin echoed through the gym, making Armon look back. Yelling back a my bad as he tossed the ball, he made his way out the double doors of the building.

The breeze met him as he stood on the steps, throwing a casual nod to a friend as they passed him to do in. "Sorry bout that, Nelle.. What did you need me to do?"

Channelle played with her hair, crossing her legs as you relaxed in her cushioned seat. Her teeth bit down on the cap of the black pen from she held. Sitting up straighter, she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "You busy tonight?"

The young male chuckled at that. It's simplicity stroking his ego a little. He thought that he had her addicted, and he sort of did. Being that she was the only man she was entertaining, by choice of course. A chunk of his weekends were usually dedicated to her, not that he minded.

"Never too busy for you, baby. Actually, I have something planned for us?"

Her glossed lips turned into a smile at those words. Spoiling time? He always knew how to wine and dine her. She felt that was a bonus if their situationship. "Ooo, something special? I like that sound of that."

"I know you do. It's my job to make my lady happy. All you gotta do is bring your fine ass to my place in two hours." He stroked his beard, looking across the parking lot at the cars that occupied the street.

"I think I can manage that. I'll see you in two hours, handsome. Try not to miss me too much." She accepted his invite, hanging up after sending a kiss through the phone. Tonight would be a step forward if all went well.
__________

Channelle squealed quietly with excitement as she sat her phone down. She'd always looked forward to her weekends. Wining, dining, and intimacy. After long hours and an annoying boss, this surprise was well deserved.

Checking the time, she rose from her chair and gathered her things. The red folder on her desk was the first to grab, being that it needed to be finished over the weekend. Most likely at Armon's. Shutting down her laptop and packing it up, she made her way towards the elevators.

Saying her goodbyes to those she associated with, she was home free. The elevator ride was short lived as well as the walk to her car.  Her car came to life and the song of her choice. Kehlani knew the way to a girl's soul. Oddly enough, this song was playing the moment she'd met Armon. That was the best trip to the bakery she'd ever had. It was crazy to think that was almost seven months ago.

Between the constant text and call and the visits on the weekends, they were inseparable. Not to mention the day or two during the week if she missed him. He was at her place in an instance with food and maybe a foot rub. Her plan to just keep it casual had flown out the window. The handsome devil had made his way into her heart.

She rolled her eyes at that, working to deny the smile on her lips. Not even two weeks ago had she met his oldest sister and his grandmother while they visited a few days after the holidays since he couldn't make it to see them during. Which he might or might not have spend snuggled up with her. Smiling at the memory of the meeting, she was happy that he wasn't there to rub it in her face. He loved the little gestures when she showed that she actually like him back.

After an hour and a half of getting cute and fixing her overnight bag, she finally took one last look in the mirror. Though he complimented her no matter her appearance, she still managed to be her bougie self. And once again, she hit the road for her final destination of the weekend. He'd drive if they went anywhere else.

She arrived at the two story house, holding a small bottle of apple juice in her left hand. Knocking twice, the door opened to a casually dressed Armon. He invited her in with a smile, catching sight of the beverage. Which earned a burst of laughter.

"You're never gonna let me live it down, are you?.."

Channelle laughed at his question. He knew she wouldn't. The apple juice was reminder of the story of him and his younger sister in a restaurant when they were kids. His grandmother told her all about it and they laughed until they cried.

"I just thought it was a nice gesture. That's all.." She teased as she walked further into the home. He took her duffel bag and gift, following her to the living room. Sitting it aside, he stopped to take her in. She didn't realize the effect she had on him.

"I missed you." He pouted playfully, walking to her. She grinned wide as he slipped his arms around her waist. He smelled so damn good. "You have no idea.." Melting into his arms, enjoyed the warmth of him.

She ran the tips of her nails over his arms, allowing the slow rock of them back and forth. "I missed you to, babe." He brought her hand to his lips, pressing a kiss against it.

"After you left that day you met my grandma, she kept telling me not to lose you. You know how hard it is to impress my grandma?" He snuggled his face into her neck. She laughed, shaking her head.

"I can only imagine. I'm surprised she liked me."

"Who wouldn't? Your fun to be around. You match my energy. Someone up could see myself with years from now." He confessed,

She was suddenly nervous. Armon wanted Channelle more than anything, that she'd figured. She didn't expect to hear it though. Commitment scared her and she was positive that she'd stick with that. Yeah, he'd been breaking down that wall but she hadn't prepared herself for it happening. "Armon.."

"I know, I know.. You don't wanna be in anything serious and I understand that. We don't have to put a label on us for now, but just know that I'm ready when you are." He brought a small box. She froze at the gift, wondering what it could be. Definitely not a ring, the box was too big.

He watched her open the box, hearing her chuckle. She picked up the house key, clutching it. The gesture was small, but she knew it was big on his part. He was very serious about her.

Without saying anything, she turned to him. A smile tugged at her lips as she pressed a hand against his chest. Her lips caught his and they fell into a heavy kiss. His hands had found their way to her backside and he groaned when she pulled away. "I guess that means you'll be using it to see me more often?"

She used her thumb to wipe her gloss from his lips. Nodding, she gave him one of the biggest smiles. "You'll definitely be getting tired of me."

He laughed, pecking her lips twice. "Never that."