Change Your Mind

😍 Jahari 😍

😍 Jahari 😍

"Everytime I look into your eyes, I see it. You're all I need.."
~ Daniel Caesar
"Get You"

Water drizzled against the windshield as the sky held onto what light it could. The baby blue hue of the atmosphere was soothing accompanied by the soft pitter patter of raindrops. Though calming, the light shower was a bit of a surprise to the patrons of the bustling city. The sounds of cars driving through puddles, slow traffic in the distance, and the scurrying feet of those unfortunate enough to be caught in the spring rainfall was all that was heard to those that listened.

Jahari pulled his hood over his dark, short coils as he stepped out of his car. He happened to be one of those people caught in the weather, but he didn't mind a little rain. It eased his mind, helped him think clearly. His mother always told him as a child that the rain was God's way of washing away his worries. And though he didn't think too much of it then, he now believed her. The rain acted as his therapist whenever he needed to separate himself from the world.

"Wassup, Jahari.."

He turned to the direction of the voice as he made it onto the large porch. The older male sat outside the home styled bakery, taking his usual place in a rocking chair at the side. Greeting him with a handshake and a quick back pat, the two separated. Jahari slipped his hands into his pockets as he smiled.

"I can't call it, Pops. Rain caught me off guard tho."

The young male looked out into the street, watching the rain dance against the concrete. He tuned out for a moment, watching two little boys playing in puddles across the street. Their laughter filled the air as he reminisced. The sight warmed his heart, remembering how many times he had been yelled at for coming into the house with his pants soaked up to the knees and his boots muddy like a pig.

"You're right about that. It was so pretty yesterday. Hot as hell, but pretty."

His grandfather nodded with a chuckle, rocking gently in his chair. The two indulged in a small conversation, speaking about how both their week's had went. Times like these were cherished. The aged spirit was all Jahari knew as a father while he'd grown up. Their bond was something special and no one could compare to his old man expect one person.

"You get to talking with ya daddy and forget to come speak, huh?"

The strong voice caught his attention. He took his grandmother into a hug, kissing her forehead. She smiled before whisking him away from his grandfather. She made her way into the shop, speaking to customers that occupied the booth before she made her way to the counter. He followed behind quietly, occupied by his Instagram feed until he noticed that his grandmother stopped. Her smile brightened as she turned to him, making him curious to what she was up to.