Chapter 1

Hey! Your reading my book!!!! :) thanks for the time your taking to read it. Hope you enjoy! (This is a disclaimer from 3 years after this was written) I just wanted to for-warn you, I wrote this when I was 13. ALSO ADD ME ON TIC TOK :)
Pawal211 Kay. That's all ;)

I lean over the counter waiting for the next
customer. Today's a Saturday so it's pretty dead. No one really comes to grocery stores on Saturdays, not to mention it's 8pm. Growing bored I pull out my phone hoping for a message or two, as usual. Nothing. My friends all have exciting lives. It's summer break, most of them are all over the world. Felicity is in cancoon, Marcos is in Jamaica, rochelle is in Columbia, and I am at work. I work at Betty's, it's a grocery and convince store until i can find A job at a publishing company that can help pay my college tuition.

I slide my phone back into my apron and twiddle with my hair. Something catches me at the corner of my eye. I look up to see a muscular, mysterious man. Dressed in a complete black suit with a white tie he strolls past me. I notice he walks with confidence, not a care in the world. His dominating vibe is intense, almost intimidating. I quickly pretend to be busy when his head snaps to look at me.

He didn't see me staring.
He totally saw me staring.

After he disappears down an aisle  I'm intrigued. This man is so intimidating yet I can't help but wonder what's he like. I only caught a glimpse of his face. From what I saw he was utterly beautiful, no. He was more than beautiful he was extraordinary. I look at the time and see my shift has ended 5 minutes ago. Putting my apron away I grab my things and head out. I decided to walk to and from work since it was nice out. The alley is my best option to get home quicker. Half way down the alley my steps start to slow down. I can hear muffled voices in the distance. Pulling my brown leather jacket tighter around myself I walk slow and cautiously. I hear someone yell. I can't make out what there saying since the wind is howling in my ears. Before I know it there's another voice that sounds strained. As if.....pleading?

A loud bang resonates threw the alley way. I let out a shriek. And try ducking behind a dumpster. That was in no doubt a gun shot. What the heck just happened?

A/n
So I've had a new obsession which was mafia love stories so I'm trying it out! Hopefully it's as fun to write as it is to read.

Hope the first chapter was okay!