Chapter 16

4 months later
These last 4 months have been pretty uneventful. Emilio and I have been on a sturdy pathway with our relationship. There's one thing that's been nagging my brain though. I end up going to sleep alone, and waking up to an empty bed. I'm not sure if he even comes to bed anymore. I havent been able to bring myself to ask him or bring it up. I don't want to make him angry or upset by talking about this. He's a mafia leader i know, but he's never here to hold me anymore. I was reading a book before, but now I'm sitting here staring into space. I can't bring myself to sleep. So i read for awhile and that occupied me for an hour, max. Now I'm sitting in the library on my recliner staring out the window. I was so busy in my thoughts I hadn't realized that it's 3:45 am. Sighing I stand up and place the book back in it's respectable spot on the shelf. I turned the light off with one last glance at the recliner. That's what I've been sitting in for almost 2 months. I come back to it every evening until the wee hours of the morning. I Just read, lost in my train of thought. I head over to the room knowing that there's a 80% chance that Emilio isn't in bed. To my surprise he isn't (sense my sarcasm?). Still not tired I grab my undergarments and a towel. I'll shower up and hopefully that'll tire me out. It usually does. For awhile I was sleeping in Emilio's T-shirts. It got to the point where they no longer bought me comfort since he rarely ever wears them. He's always in his suits and what not. So his smell never stuck to them.

After my skin is pink from the hot water, my hair is silky from my shampoo and conditioner, and my skin is scrubbed from it's dirt and grime I step out. I dry my hair and body before putting my undergarments on. I keep my hair down to air dry even though I know it will be tangled by the morning. I toss my clothes and towel into his laundry basket.

"Why are you still awake Bella?" Emilio voice startles me.

My head snaps over to him where he stands at the door. "I couldn't sleep." I mutter.

I walk over to the bed feeling his eyes roam over my almost naked body. I place my phone on the night stand before snuggling under the blanket. The pillows are so soft and fluffy, I finally have a chance to admire the comfort of this bed.

"You seem to be doing a lot of that lately." He says from where I presume is the closet.

"Doing what?" I question.

"Not being able to sleep." He clarifies.

I just shrug although he can't see me. I close my eyes trying to make sleep come faster than it wants too.

"Is there a reason for it Bella?" Now he's beside the bed at his nightstand going threw his phone.

I roll my eyes. It's 4 am what type of work could he possibly be doing? "Nope." I mutter.

After another half hour the bed dips signaling he's gotten into bed finally. My body acts before my mind and heart does. I scoot farther to the edge away from him. I hope he doesn't notice this odd action, sadly he does.

"Are you upset with me Mia Cara?"

I breath out an exasperated "no." I can't be mad at him, can I? It's his job as mafia leader. Maybe if I hadn't fallen back into love with him I wouldn't be craving his presence or touch.

"Come here." His voice stern and also loving.

When I make no effort to move, his arm snakes around me and pulls me to him effortlessly.

"You smell amazing babygirl." He whispers in my ear before pecking my cheek and Nipping gently at my shoulder.

I can't help the shiver and intense feeling that runs threw my spine. I try focusing on sleep, praying that it would come soon. My body was alert at our closeness and my mind was running ragged.

"Talk to me babygirl." His voice low and gentle.

"What do you want me to say?" My words muffled as I hid my face in the pillow more.

"Tell me why your mad at me, and please don't lie." He tightens his hold around my waist. My almost bare back up against his bare chest, with his arms around my waist.

"I'm not mad at you Emilio. Id just like to sleep." That was a lie. Id rather be melting in his touch, but right now I cant. My mind is elsewhere and It feels like it's going to explode if he keeps asking questions.

"Rosalia. Tell me." Oh crap.He used my real name. That's so not good!

"It just- I'm just." I breathe outloud. "Never mind."

He turned me to face him. "No, we are not sleeping until you tell me. I mean it Rosalia!"

I huffed and looked away from him. "Your never in here when it's time to sleep or when I wake up. Your never here to..... Hold me."

He moves my face gently so I'm looking at him. "I'm sorry babygirl. I've just been falling asleep In the office. I didn't want to wake you up since I've been really busy with work. All you have to do is tell me. I'll drop everything just So I can hold you. No matter what. You hear me?"

I shake my head. "No Emilio forget about it. I don't want you to drop anything for me."

"But I want to. An you have no choice but to let me. Your my princess and I'm going to treat you like that." He leans down and whispers in my ear "soon you'll be my queen."

That made me blush ferociously. I thank god that the lights are off so he can't see my flushed face. My heart feels like it's going to burst with love any second now. He leans down an kisses me gently. The passion and love we feel for eachother flowing threw the kiss. Oh how much I love this man. I love his face, personality, his body, his soul, and his heart. He's a masterpiece, he's the love of my life.

He pulls away, his breathing ragged. "I love you."

"I love you more." I say breathless from our kiss.

"Not possible." He smiles.

"Yes possible." I whisper before kissing him ferociously.

Thanks for reading!