Chapter 8

Emillio hasn't been in a very good mood today. He's been distant, and curt. I think it's because of what happened last night. Working up the courage to confront him I go and search for him. Finding him at the breakfast bar drinking coffee and reading a few files. I clear my throat to catch his attention.

He looks up briefly with a short response. "Yes?"

"What is your deal?" My Italian accent lacing threw.

"What ever do you mean?" He doesn't look up, rather skims the files.

"Cut the crap Emillio, you've been unhappy all day. You've barely spoken two words to me. What the heck!" I say angrily.

All the staff members that were now once in here scurry away.

He laughs sarcastically. "My deal? You know what my deal is? You left me when you were the only thing I loved the most. You were the only person that I actually trusted an cared for. You practically broke me, left me shattered. You expect me to be overjoyed that the love of my life is back. How can I be so happy when i don't even know if you'll hurt me again. How the heck am I supposed to trust you, trust myself to fall back in love with you. Yeah, I still love you. Of course I so. I just can't sit here and pretend that everything is alright.i just can't. It's like you are a higher power than me. You own me mind, body, and soul again. That scares me more than any other mafia leader, any weapon, any sickness. It scares me more than anything." He says sadly, but  anger coats most of his words.

With that he walks away. I sit there broken. I stare down at the empty chair. He's right, I did break him. I did ruin his trust I loved him. I still love him. I'll just need to prove myself.

2hours later
I sit in the entertainment center on the couch alone. I sit there in silence just thinking. I would have gone into our room but he's in there and I want to give him a bit to cool off. Finally working up the nerve I go to the room. I open it quietly and step in. He's laying in the middle of the bed on his back with his hands covering his eyes. I shut the door back and walk over to the bed. I sit bedside him.

"Hi." I whisper Not sure of what to say.

"Hi." He whispers back.

"Please look at me." I plead.

He finally moves his hands and looks at me. His eyes filled with pain, anger, and hurt. He places his hands on my thighs and waits for me to say something.

"I'm here okay? I could never do that again. I made a huge mistake ever leaving you. I wanted someone to blame for my dad's death. I blamed you and the gang. I thought about you every day. Litterally. I always thought about what you looked like now, if you found someone else. How you were. My love for you never went away. I'm so sorry. I would never do that again. It was like a knife twisting in my dark soul I will do any and everything to make you trust me, to love me like you once did and maybe even more." A tear slipped from my eye. He wipes it away with the pad of his thumb.

"You know your the most beautiful girl I've ever seen?" He whispers.

I giggle cry. Yes that's a thing. I lean down and kiss him.

I watch him adoringly as he fiddles with my bracelet on my wrist.

"Let's go out." I bounce up and down.
"let's do something fun."

He sits up to peck my lips. "Okay. You pick a place and I'll pick one too."

"Let's go to A night club!" I squeal out.

"For one were turning 19 not 21, for two it's only 2 in the afternoon." He chuckles.

I pout. "Fine." I ponder on something else. "I have somewhere, but it's a surprise, therefore I get to drive there but were going to your place first."

He groans "I hate surprises. Let's go skating."

I nod enthusiastically before jumping off him to change. He chuckles "where are you going?"

"To change into something comftorable . You should too babe." I turn back to see his reaction.

He's smiling wildly. He looks elated and amused about me calling him babe. I keep on my crop top but change my pants for black high waisted shorts and my boots for converse. Coming out I see Emillio in a pair of khaki shorts, a black v neck and black nike pros. He looks good as usual.

Skipping over to him I suprise him with a kiss. When I pull back he kisses the bridge of my nose. "Time to get going baby girl."

My legs practically give out beneath me at his nick name for me. Blushing I take his hand and walk toward the car so our birthday can be fulfilled.

A/n
No need for one