Chapter 3

I haven't been listening to anything he's been saying. I've been zoned out thinking of my father. He was wonderful to me. I could tell he loved me. It wasn't hard to figure out. Whenever I needed him for something he was there. He never let me down,ever. I am snapped out of my thoughts by the mysterious man who's name I haven't learned yet. He standing in front me of me.

"Did you hear what I said?" His voice husky.

"No." I shake my head an stare down at my hands.

He takes a gently hand and lifts my chin so our eyes meet. "I said You. are. Mine." He pronounces each word slowly.

Not that I'm complaining but what? "W-what?"

He smirks. "You mine,I bought you here and now your mine. You will be the head of the mafia with me once we marry."

"Marry? What?" I don't even know his name for Pete's sake.

"Not for quite some time baby girl. It'll be slow. You need to adjust to being in the lifestyle." He squats infront of me.

"I don't even know you. How are we supposed to be together?" I say really confused.

"We will learn about eachother along the way. It'll be only a matter of time before you fall In love with me." He says cockily.

I scoff and roll my eyes. "I highly doubt it."

He chuckes, "don't doubt it to much. It's bound to happen. In public I will introduce you as my girlfriend."

"In private we aren't together. Right?" I clarify.

"Sí. You do as you please. Although there are rules." He gives me a small strained smile. I nod for him to proceed. "No seeing other people, we sleep in the same room together, go on dates, public affection, attend events together. Just the basics to make it look real." He smirks.

"What's your name?" I stand up and sit On his large Leather chair. Feeling like a child I twirl in it.

"Emillio Beau Delgatto." He says with a slight Italian accent.

"Any family?"

"The mafia is my familia. Beside the mafia only my father and mother." He shrugs

I nod and hold my head growing dizzy. "Can you show me to the room please?"

He hold our his hand. "This way beautiful"

I follow obidiently. He leads me Into a large bedroom. The master bedroom. It's quite extravagant.

"This is it.lets go meet the familia. Is that alright?" His voice gentle.

"Can we do that tomorrow? I need time to comprehend what's happening." My voice barely a whisper

He nods "sí Mia cara."

"Grazie." I say quietly.  

I laid down on the bed. How I so badly want to go home. Go home and curl up with a good book only worrying about work. How I so wish I could.