Chapter 36

It only took Emilio less than a second to get into combat mode. Immediately we were both crouched down behind a booth looking toward where the gunshots could be heard. The loud bang and ear piercing screams from the civilians made my ears ring. Finally I spot the man in all black. With 2 small hand guns in each hand.

4 men dressed similarly walking behind him with the same types of guns. There too far back for me to be able to see what type of guns they are. I look over noticing Emilio attending to a wounded lady, she looked to be In Her early 50's late 40's. Before I can comprehend what's happening I notice the main man aiming toward Emilio. He's trying to get a clear shot but he can't with all the chaos and mess happening. Not risking losing my husband before I know it I'm practically bolting over there through the sides discreetly. I notice that the other men are busy with hostages. Taking my chances I creep behind the main man, without another thought I grab the gun by the barrel, twisting it toward his back with his hand still attached to the handle. He groans in agony as his arm snaps back. He tries to turn and swing with his right arm which contains another gun. Doing the same as I did to his left arm I had both arms extended behind his back. Taking my foot with my 5 inch heels I kick hard, causing his knees to buckle and his release on the guns. Take both of them I take the handle of the gun, knocking him out with it.

My adrenaline runs threw my veins. I can feel my heart raising all the blood running through my body. My hands feel like they could take on the world.

Turing around I notice that only 1 of the four men had succeeded in getting a hostage. Taking my chance at him I spin kick him, my heel fully landing at his temple knocking him out. Before I know it another shot rings out really close by. When I turn to get the next one I see Emilio taking out the last one with a jab to his stomach and elbow to the head.

When they are all down and no longer able to cause anymore harm than they already have, I turn to Emilio who is looking at me with a death glare.

"Why the hell did you do that!" He grit out.

All my adrenaline started to fade and my hands and legs started to shake. "What?" I say confused and tired.

"You could have gotten yourself killed! You should have let me take care of it!" He practically shouted.

"You were busy! I had to do something" i emphasized 'something' "and I didn't get hurt." Right as the words fall out of my mouth all the adrenaline fades away leaving only a overbearing pain. My eyes immediately travel down to my side where blood is leaking out. Not really noticeable since it's dark.

I've been shot.

But when?

My legs start to weaken,
Im really tired
It hurts

Before I know it my body is falling limp to the floor. I hear Emilio scream my name immediately crouching beside me. He takes my body into his arms.

"Baby look at me." He pleads panicked, "call 911!" He yells at people who are still in shock from the whole ordeal.
I hear voices on the phone with the operators.

I look right into Emilio's eyes, filled with tears, fear, and worry. "Keep your eyes on me babygirl. Just keep them on me. I got you." He pleads.

"I'm so tired." I whisper to him while trying to keep my eyes open.

"No, baby no. open your eyes, you can go to sleep later. Right now I need you to stay awake. Okay?" A tear falls from his eye.

"It hurts. ." I say almost in audibly. I can feel myself growing even more sleepy than I have ever been. It's like I can barely keep my eyes open.

"I know it does, I know. But you have to stay awake. Okay? I love you more than words can describe and I can't let you go just yet. This is not how our story is supposed to turn out. We have so much to do together. Please do it for me, our future, for you, and our love." He pleads desperately.

I can hear the sirens nearing. All I can focus on is the bright light shining my way. I know this is our end..... I know this is my end.

"I'm sorry."
----------------------------------------------
Emilio's POV
"I'm sorry." Are the last words she breaths out before her body goes limp and her eyes shut.

I can't contain my anger, sadness, and tears. "no, No,NO! Baby wake up. Please baby you have to wake up. You can't leave me. I love you baby wake up." I hold her limp body against me rocking back and fourth.

It's like my whole world has come crashing down on me. This is my life. Everything I touch, everyone I love gets hurt because of me. Why was I so selfish, and put her back into the lifestyle. This is all my fault. I should have kept a better eye on her when the gunshots were ringing. I didn't even see her get up until it was too late and she was taking down the main guy. I knew I heard a gunshot, but never did I imagine she was shot. She was perfectly fine while talking to me and then she just collapsed.

The paramedics pile out and take her from me. Once they have loaded her into the ambulance I'm right beside her. I hold her Hand in my mine making sure that she know I'm here. I'll always be here.

I can't remember anything from the hospital. It's all a blur to me from the moment I got there. I start to remember the doctor approaching us. By us I mean her friends and my........ Our  family.

"Mr.Delatto?" He questions.

I immediately stand and walk over  To him. "That's me."

"Well we were able to successfully remove the bullet and stabilize her. She should have a full recovery and be awake in a few minutes. She's in the ICU. Room 629 4th floor to the left." Shaking his hand I didn't waste anytime before running toward the elevator.

My baby is okay. Our story doesn't end here..... It won't end here.

A/n
Sorry for the late update. I've had 3 track meets in the last 2 weeks. One last week Wednesday, thirsday, this week (Wednesday/yesterday), and then this week (Friday/ tomorrow). I got time to write because I left school early because I have messed up ribs from a car accident yesterday. So it's been pretty busy. I'll try to update more. Go check out my new book letters to my love. Thanks for the 6K I love you guys so much.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and add to you reading lists❤️