Chapter 22

I sit in the library for a little over an hour. I tried to read but my mind wandered elsewhere. So I decided I should do something worth wild. I remember the first week I was here, Emilio had showed me the gun range. It's in the basement, last door to the right. I haven't shot a gun since last year, with my dad. Now that I'm back in the Mafia house I might as well practice, I need to be able to protect myself. I don't want To be the girl that sits back and watches her man put his life on the line. It's either we fight together, or not at all.

I finally get in there and immediately pull out the pistol. I put on my safety glasses and ear plugs before loading it. Lining it up I shoot, fast and perfectly.

The ear plugs start to become bothersome so I take them out. I immediately start again, aiming directly for a bullseye.

"Still the best shooter in the house, I guess." Brandon's voice resonates threw the thick walls of the range.

I jump slightly. "What?"

"Haven't seen anybody shoot like you, beside Emillio. Your both still the fastest and most precise shooters in the estate." He smirks.

I take off my glasses, unloading the gun. I put it down.

"I'm sorry, I should have asked to come down here." I give him a guilty smile.

"Don't be, im happy your preparing yourself for the mafia life Again. I'm happy you can still shoot, your father taught you well. With the speed of light and accuracy. You and Emilio are perfect for each other." He smiles.

I blush. "I like to think so, too. I should head up and heat Emilio up some soup."

I head for the door, when Brandon's voice stops me. "I know you and I use to be BestFriends but don't hurt him again. I'm serious Rosalia. He loves you now, more than he did before. I don't understand how thats possible, but he does. He somehow made it out of the darkness, but this time. I don't think he will be able too. So please, for the love of god. Keep loving him. Let him be happy for once. Love him before it's too late. I care about the both of you, deeply. He's likes a brother to me. I can't watch him go threw that again. I sure as hell can't watch you break either." His voice is filled with sincerity. I know he cares and is worried for the both of us.

"I know Brandon. I don't think I could ever leave him again. That was a mistake, I couldn't live with myself if I hurt him again. I love him too much, it's overwhelming. Thank you for being here for him when I wasn't." My voice shakes with emotion. I give him a warming smile and head back upstairs to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen I pull out my ingredients. Chicken broth, noodles, chicken, carrots, onions, celery, and seasonings. The soup takes up to an hour to make. I place it on a tray with, crackers, buttered toast, and ice water. I carry it upstairs, into the bedroom where Emilio is. I remove the now warm towel from his forhead. I decide that since he hasn't moved yet to get him a ice pack. When I return from the kitchen Emilio is slowly awakening.

I place it's in his forehead along with a wrap to keep it in place. His eyes flutter open. They are foggy with sickness and sleep.

"Hi baby." I whisper.

He gives me a weak smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I told you I'm okay, I feel fine." He croaks. His voice raspy and dry.

"No your not. Your sick, no need to pretend that your okay, when your not. Your sick baby. How do you feel?" I maneuver myself over onto the bed closet to the night stand. I prop myself against the head board.

He finally breaks. "Oh babygirl, I feel like complete scut." He whines and places his head on my lap. I stroke his hair gently cooing him.

"Shh..... Baby I know. I made you some soup. Let's sit up so you can eat." I say gently.

He nods and sits up. I place the tray on his lap, and help him eat. He eats very slowly, but I don't mind. I like taking care of him. It makes me feel useful.

Once he's done he still feel really sick. Now that he knows I want to know how he actually feels he keeps whining. This makes me feel bad saying it but, he's so cute when he's sick.

While I'm standing by the dresser taking off my bracelet and eating I hear him groan.

"BABE!" He groan/yells.

"Baby I'm right here no need to yell." I smile.

"Oh I thought you left. Babe, please come hold me." He sounds like a cute little baby it makes me smile broadly.

"Okay baby, let me just shower up quickly. I'll sit with you for the rest of the day. Okay?" I head for the bathroom.

"Please hurry." He says sadly.

I make my shower fast and snappy. I change into one a black camisol, and pair of grey shorts.I blow dry my hair, so I don't get my wet hair on Emilio. I come back out to see Emilio sitting on the bed looking out of it. He looks up and his eyes roam my body. I smile an make my way over to the bed. I climb in and wrap my arms around Emilio.

He kisses my cheek. "Why do I have to be sick?" He mutters to himself. I giggle at him.

He lays his head on my Chest,He smiles in contempt.

I laugh. "And I love you so much."

"Not as much as I love you." He tightens his arm around my waist.

One hand is in his hair, and the other is gently rubbing his back. "You know, your really cute?" I question out of the blue.

"Am I?" He questions sleepily.

"Mhm." I murmur happily. "How are you feeling?"

"A lot better. I don't feel that sick anymore. Just tired."

"Let's check your temp to be sure, your fever broke."

"Noooo. I'm so comfortable cuddling with you. Don't move." He fights.

I giggle and remove my hand from his hair. I grab the thermometer that I left on the nighstand. "I'm not moving anywhere, now open."

He obliges and I place it under his tongue. After a few moments it beeps. I check it, feeling completely relieved.
"99.00, that's good. It's dropping."

"Hmmmm." He humms.

"Baby you know it only like 3 pm right?" I question

He nods. "I want to stay in bed like this all day."

I smile and play with his hair once more. "Whatever my baby wants he gets."
I giggle again.

What am I going to do with him?

God only knows.....

A/n
{without authors note: 1,237 words! Yas! }
(With authors note: 1,281 words!)

2nd update!!! Thank you so much for 1K