Chapter 21

I was so disappointed when the movie ended. It was very good. Why do good things come to an end? God I'm so over dramatic.

Emilio stays quiet as we walk out. He stays sipping at his cherry slushie. I find myself doing the same but observing him. A funny joke comes to mind.

"Babe?"

"Mhm?" He looks at me briefly but seems distracted.

"Want to make purple?" I grin.

He looks down at our drinks and rolls his eyes. He leans in and kisses me very briefly. I frown. He never kisses me like that. I wonder what's on his mind.

"Can I have my phone back?" Is the most he's said during the movie and after.

I hesitate before pulling it out and handing it to him. He doesn't even give me a second glance before proceeding to the car. I huff in annoyance. Is he still mad at me about earlier? I was only joking! Yeah, about a touchy subject. I scold myself.

We get to the car and he slides in his side as I do the same. When we are on the main road I finally decide to ask. "Are you alright?"

He doesn't respond. His eyes stay fixated on the road. He looks deep in thought.

"Hello?" I say a but louder.

His eyes snap to me. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I said are you alright?" I frown.

He nods. "Yeah, I'm good. Don't worry about it."

Now does not seem like the time to go to a arcade. Maybe he just wants peace and quiet.

"Babe, let's go to the museum instead. I can tell your not up for the arcade and all the kids, and loudness." I place my hand on his thigh and stroke gently.

"We're doing whatever you want Rosalia. Don't worry about me. I'm good." My breath hitches. There he goes with the name again. What is going on?

"Rosalia?" I question.

"Oh. Sorry princess. I Wasn't thinking." He looks at me and then back at the road.

"It's okay, it's just you only use my name when your upset with me." I stroke his thigh gently again.

"No, princess. I'm not upset with you. You haven't done anything wrong."

"Are you sure? I don't like it when your upset with me." I say sadly.

"I'm sure. Baby, I'm not upset with you." We come to a red light. He leans over and kisses me gently. The kiss leaves me winded. I couldn't revel in the kiss as long as I wanted to because he's hot.

Not like that type of hot, but like hot. His forehead is burning up. I place the back of my hand on his forhead.

"Jeezus babe your burning up!" I frown at him.

"It's just alittle hot that's all." He tries waving it off.

"The AC is on. It is not hot. This car is a ice box. Your getting sick." I glare at him for being so careless.

"Baby I'm fine. This day is supposed to be about you and I. Now we're going to finish our day, like we planed." His voice is authoritative yet loving. If I hadn't been worried about him I would've known not to argue. I'm stubborn as hell, so that's definitely not how it goes.

"Dang it Emilio. Turn this car around. We're going home." My voice rigs threw out the car, in a cold menacing don't mess with me type of way.

He sighs and makes a U turn. I can tell he's annoyed about my attitude, but oh well he'll have to deal with it.

When we get back to the estate I immediately drag him upstairs. He's already sweating out oceans and looks completely worn out.

He sits on the bed and places his head in his hands. I immediately start a warm bath.

"Come on. You have to bathe." I help him up and into the tub.

"You don't have to worry about me. It's just a cold." He says weakly as he sits in the bath.

"I am going to worry about you. And there's nothing you can do to change It. Not until you are better. Also we don't know if it's a cold." I scold again.

I grab the thermometer and stick it in his mouth. When I pull it out my heart plummets. "Crap."

"What?" His voice Is barely a whisper.

"Your temp is 104."

He waves it off. After his bath I help him into the bedroom. I help him put on a fresh hair of boxers, sweats, and t-shirt.

"I'm calling Brandon and the doctor." I get up to grab the phone.

"No. No doctors or brandon." He frowns.

"But babe-"

"No. I don't want them." He says firmly although his voice is fading.

I nod. I go into he bathroom and grab some night quil even though it isn't night. It'll help him feel better and sleep. I also wet a cold towel for is forehead. I come back with the small medicine measured cup and the towel.

"Drink this. It'll help you sleep." He nods and drinks it with no questions.

He flinches slightly at the coldness of the towel as I pat his face before laying it on his head. I get him a glass of water, for when he wakes. He needs to stay hydrated. I bend done and kiss his cheek.

"When you wake I'll have soup ready for you. I'm going to be in the library."

He mumbles "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Not possible." his words start becoming slow and slurred. The medicine is kicking in.

"yes possible." I smile and squeeze his hand.

Before sleep consumes him he mumbles something incoherent and then the room is filled with light snores.

I frown and shut the door behind me. I don't like my baby being sick. It worries me too much. With that I head toward the library to catch up on my book.

A/n
(That chapter was exactly 1,000 words without authors note.) {With the authors note it's is 1,092words!}

OH MY GOD. I CHECKED MY BOOK LESS THAN 3 DAYS AGO. I HAD OVER 600 READS AND NOW I HAVE HIT 1K. YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY UNBELIEVABLE. I'm sitting in class right now and I literally cried when I saw this. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. You have no idea how good this makes me feel. I will update 2chapters in one day, as a gift back to you!!! Love you all!