Chapter 24

I wake up refreshed. Well rested since I got so much sleep last night Emillio. I wake up And look for emilio. My eyes finally spot him in a chair beside the bed. He has his head in his hands and his shoulders are tense. I slide out of bed placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you alright?" I say gently.

He removes my Hand from his shoulder. "I'm sorry." He says quietly.

"Sorry for what?" I kneel in front of him worried.

He finally looks up at me. His eyes are filled with hurt and rage. "We can't be together any more."

My breath hitches in my throat. I can feel my heart drop, and tears weld in my eyes. "W-what?"

"If I could change it. I would, I'm sorry Rosalia. We can't. It's for your own safety." His voice wavers.

"My safety? What are you talking about?" A tear slips.

He hands me his phone. I look at a message on the screen.

Let her go, or I will take her myself. She's alive with you, but won't be when I get my hands on her. She's weakening you, keep your eyes peeled. I'm closer than you think.
-DP

I look up at him. "No." I say firmly.

He looks at me concerned. "No what?"

"You are not leaving me. No, you can't decide what's best for me. I can, and what's best for me is you. I'm not going  any where and neither are you. Our love is stronger than this- this DP person. It's-I'm not letting it happen." I say with an unknown confidence.

He looks at me weakly. "If something happens to you, I can't forgive myself."

"How will you protect me if you let me go? You'll fall straight into his trap. I am safe with you. You are not fighting this battle alone. Either we do it together, or not at all. Leaving me is not an option." My voice firm, no room for argument.

He pulls me into his arms. "Please tell me by keeping you. I'm doing the right thing."

I nod. "You are." After a slight pause I whisper "we are." Tears are still prickling my eyes, at the though of is ever being broken up. That would be my worse nightmare.

He pulls away. "I have some work to do." His face looks stoic and determined.

"Can I ask you some stuff first?" I hold his hand stopping him from leaving .

He shrugs. "I guess."

"Who is DP?" I question.

"I can't be sure, but I have a gut feeling it's Derrick Palzoni. He was apart of the Mafia, until he took some of my unloyal men and branched off. They are an unanimous gang, taking down some elite mafias. We're the highest ranked mafia, and I have a feeling we will be under attack very soon." His voice is frustrated.

I nod. "Thank you for telling me."

He just shrugs. "I didn't have a choice. I have some work to do now." He stands and leaves without another word.

Wow. When things are going just right, something bad has to happen ruining everything.

A/n
Edited all the chapters and now they meet my criteria. I am happy with the outcome so far! This book will be coming to an end soon. 10 more chapters left.
My next book will be here soon! I'll let you know more details later.