Chapter 37

Shout out to batoolRaza0 you show my book so much love and support! Your comments brighten my day!!! So this chapter is dedicated to you for all your support you show❤️.

Emilio's POV
The elevator litterally stops at every floor, I grow impatient. My foot taps rapidly on the ground waiting to hit the 4th floor. I need to see her and see that she's actually okay before I believe it. As soon as I see the 4th floor hit and the door opens I'm out of there in the blink of an eye. Litterally sprinting faster than I thought I ever could, over to her room. Seeing room 649 I come straight to a halt.

There she is.
She's okay.
She's alive

I fling the door open quietly and come inside shutting it behind me. In 2 long strides I'm standing beside her bed. I want to touch her.... But I don't want to hurt her.

"Emilio?" she croaks.

"I'm here. I'm right here baby." I sit beside her in the bed moving a few loose strands of hair from her face.

"I'm okay." She says with a weak smile.

I nod "yeah your okay."

She shakily takes my hand in hers. "I love you." She whispers.

At that's the moment when it dawns on me. I love her enough to let her go. Her being with me is too dangerous. I can't risk her getting hurt. I need her to be okay, even if my heart breaks in the process.

"And I love you, but I have to go." My voice breaks.

She frowns."where? When will you be back?"

" I'm not sure where I'm going. But I know..... I know that I won't be back. So I have to leave you, leave you for your own safety." I feel tears starting to form.

Her eyes widen and fill with fear. "W-what are Talking about? Y-your l-leaving me?"

"I'm sorry I have to. I can't keep you safe when we can barely walk outside without the threat of you being killed, or kidnapped. Before me you were safe and okay again. And now with me y-your getting hurt. I love you so much. So much that this will kill me more than I know. I'm sorry, but I need you safe. And I can't protect you." I say weakly letting a few tears fall.

"No" she whispers. "You can't do that, you can't do this. You don't get to choose what's good for me! Your what's good for me! You can't leave me. We just got married, and I love you more than I ever could love someone." She starts sobbing and it breaks my heart more. "Please don't do this to me" her voice makes my heart ache.

But this is best.
This is best right?

I know I have to be strong, but at this moment I'm at a breaking point. I'm at a loss. What am I supposed to think?
What am I supposed to do?

I need her safe. But I also want her happy. If this is the lifestyle we live, Will I be able to make her happy an make sure she doesn't get hurt again?

Can I?

A/n
Sorry for the sad chapter and cliff hanger! I'll start updating more often. I have the entire weekend plus a bit if Monday since no track practice. (Oh and yay! Just wanted to put this out there that I had a meet today and I placed 2nd! beside that let's continue) so I'm really tired from the meet today and it's only 10:30 pm. Ugh goodnight people.

vote, comment, share, and add!!

*check out my new book letters to my love I promise it won't disappoint.