Chapter 10

When lunch was over it was my turn to drive. I made sure to blindfold him so he couldn't see. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach the whole drive. I held his hand in mine as we drove. I let frank Sinatra under my skin croon in the background. The first song we danced to together. When we finally pulled up I took a deep breath before getting out my side and over to his to help him out. When he's out I walk him toward the cherry blossom tree.

"Okay ready?" I whisper into his ear.

He nodded. Waiting a second to take off his blindfold I looked around making sure everything was in place. When I saw that everything was, I took off his blindfold. His eyes adjusted to the light as he looked around. Twinkle lights are strewn along the cherry blossom tree, a picnic blanket set neatly beneath it, there's a small radio beside it, and a few tire swings on a nearby swing. With sprinklers in the distance and the sun setting it was perfect. This was the first place he took me for a date. It was the most memorable day of my life and I wanted to recreate that memory. He looked completely astonished.

"How did you do all this?" He says bewildered.

"When you were upset I knew I had to make it up to you, and make your anniversary the best." I smiled."I just called a few of my old friends to help out."

"It's not my annibersary, it's ours." He says with a peck.

I giggled before tugging him toward the tire swings. Both of is getting on one we swing back and fourth laughing. This was what love felt like, and I am enjoying every minute of it.

When the sun had fully set we went over to the picnic blanket where we laid in eachothers arms.

"You know when you said you thought about who I was, and of I had moved on?" His voice is soft and quiet.

"Mhm." I murmur.

"I never thought about that." My body tenses at his words. "I never thought about who you were now, or if you moved on." My heart starts to beat rapidly and panic rose in my chest. Did he actually forget about me? "I didn't think of that because it was too painful for me to think you were with someone else or that you changed. It would of been way to hard. Instead I thought 'when you would Come back to me, what you looked like, if you still loved me.' It was all hope. Guess whoever is up there above heard my prayers and bought you to me." I can hear the sincerity in his voice making me practically melt.

I look up and kiss him sweetly on the lips. "Now you can think about how I'm never letting you go, and how I'm going to put up one hell of a fight for us."

He smiles. "I like the sound of that." I giggle and peck him on the lips.

I lean over and turn on the radio while letting Frank Sinatra Witchcraft play. I stand up an hold out my hand for him to take. He does and pulls me against him.

"Let's dance" I whisper.

He nods and molds our bodies together. His hands are around my waist while mine are around his neck, one had in his hair. Our foreheads touching with our eyes closed. We sway back and fourth to the melody.

The air starts to get chilly. We head back to the truck. Emillio in the front seat and I in the passenger. Fishing out my phone I shoot Brandon a text.

Me: ready?
Brandon: yeah, when will you be here?
Me:leaving now. Be there in 20 minutes.

While Emillio was upstairs upset with me, Brandon and some of the gang helped me set up a little party for Emillio. Although they insisted on it being both of ours. Not letting me refuse it was both of our parties. My friends from college helped me with the river blossom tree set up and are dieing to meet Emillio.

I lay back in my seat completely at peace. If I could go back and change this day I wouldnt. Maybe I would go back In time so I'd never left him. Maybe it would have saved us a whole year of Heartache.

A/n
This Is an early update. Couldn't resist writing about there cute day. I will add a song for each chapter from here on out. This song happens to be my favorite one at the moment along with 2 others. This song fits well with the chapter. See ya next update.